ICAO Administrative Officer Jobs in Kenya
ICAO Administrative Officer Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The Regional Office is primarily responsible for maintaining continuous liaison with the States to which it is accredited and with other appropriate organizations, regional civil aviation bodies and sub-regional bodies and UN agencies and programmes. The Regional office ensures interregional coordination and promotes the timely and harmonized implementation of ICAO policies, decisions, Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and air navigation plans. The Regional Office also provides technical guidance and assists States in their implementation activities.
Coordinates and supervises administrative services in the Regional Office, achieving results such as:
• Apply and implement procedures, standards and tools, in accordance with ICAO policy decisions and practices.
• Organise and manage assigned resources to provide timely and effective and service delivery.
• Oversee the HR management, general services, FIN, and Procurement processes as well as ICT functionalities for the Regional Office.
• Manage all administrative and physical arrangements for office events (i.e., meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops, etc.) including preparation of budget estimates/control, travel and accommodation, supplies, installation, maintenance of conference equipment and facilities.
Coordinates human resources management processes, achieving results such as:
• Promote Regional Office compliance with ICAO human resources policies and provide interpretation of rules and guidelines, as needed.
• In coordination with the Deputy RD, prepare yearly training plan for all office staff.
• Compile, review documents related to personnel actions and submit to HQ.
• Monitor recruitment activities established in accordance with the ICAO HR Action Plan for the Regional Office. Prepare contracts for staff recruited up to G-4 level.
• Provide advice, guidance and prompt assistance to internationally recruited staff and their families, project staff, experts and consultants on matters of protocol, privileges and immunities, including applicable administrative procedures and regulations to be followed.
• Liaise with ICAO HQ to facilitate timely and effective arrangements for staff assignment and repatriation (travel, accommodation, import of household effects) and visit of officials.
• Advise and assist staff in respect of performance management and staff development-related matters.
Coordinates effective and accurate financial resources management, achieving results such as:
• Participate in the preparation of the annual and triennial budget proposal for the Regional Office.
• Review all proposed payments entered in the ERP financial system to ensure that they are supported by duly authorized vouchers and that they are in accordance with ICAO rules and regulations and IPSAS.
• Act as second signatory for voucher and Treasury transaction approvals, bank reconciliation. Approval of pending disbursements as the “third authority” (cheques, bank transfers EFT). Approval of bank reconciliations.
• Organize cost-recovery mechanisms for Regional Office services provided to projects and other Agencies, including ensuring preparation of pro-forma invoices.
• Provide orientation and support to TC and Regional Body Officers on financial and accounting matters.
• Supervise the maintenance of computerized accounting records and ensure financial controls.
Manages procurement requirements and general services for the Regional Office, achieving results such as:
• Plan and manage all contractual and procurement matters for the Regional Office by establishing and maintaining a programme and schedule for ongoing contracts.
• Undertake research to keep abreast of market developments of the goods and services to be contracted as well as new supply sources and evaluate and recommend potential suppliers for registration in ICAO database.
• Review procurement requests and prepare or oversee preparation of terms of reference/technical specifications for tendering to ICAO HQ/PRO, evaluate quotations and select or recommend the selection of the most suitable suppliers.
• Analyse and evaluate vendors’ proposals considering various factors affecting cost, management and maintenance of goods or equipment, including training of users and maintenance staff and other contractual arrangements.
• Arrange for the disposal of redundant or unserviceable items, within the limits established by ICAO rules and regulations.
Facilitates and coordinates the effective provision and availability of office automation and ICT functionalities, achieving results such as:
• Facilitate the availability of automation tools and new technologies relevant to the work of the Administration Unit.
• Ensure necessary resources are in
place for the effective functioning of ICT systems and the provision of appropriate service desk support.
• Follow up on the provision of timely service desk support in relation to information systems queries and requests.
• Facilitate training sessions for any new processes (e.g. self-service tools, information platforms, etc.) to be introduced.
Supervises the administrative staff of the Regional Office, achieving results such as:
• Plan, organize and supervise the work of the administrative staff in terms of delegation of assignments, performance appraisal, facilitation of administrative processes and procedures related to HR, FIN, travel, procurement and ICT in the Regional Office, in accordance with defined procedures and policy decisions.
• Train, coach and support staff in all areas related to administrative work, to ensure proper functioning of the office.
Acts as Focal Point for the Regional Office on Host Country Relations issues, achieving results such as:
• Act as focal point for UN Common System issues and, when delegated, represent ICAO at UN inter-agency meetings related to administrative matters.
• Arrange with government authorities all operational facilities and basic cooperation agreements (i.e. customs, visas, protocol, receipt of contributions, security, accommodations, privileges and immunities) and ensure that international staff accommodations are MOSS compliant and compliance with host country agreements is assured.
• Maintain relations with governmental bodies and other UN agencies.
Provides monitoring and oversight of facilities, building and security arrangements for the Regional Office, achieving results such as:
• Manage contractual agreements in respect of maintenance of the premises, including electricity and janitorial services.
• Initiate and supervise building alterations and works required for general upkeep of premises.
• Ensure office facilities are properly maintained and adhere to ICAO HQ instructions regarding the safety and security of premises.
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Professionalism: Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures. Ability to apply various ICAO administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules;
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
Managing Performance: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member; accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills; monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff; encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative;
A first level university degree in business or public administration, finance, human resources management or a related area.
A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, procurement, human resources management or a related field is required.
Experience in financial and accounting standards, such as IPSAS is desirable.
Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ICAO Administrative Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.