IBM Security Services Consultant Consultant Jobs in South Africa
IBM Security Services Consultant Consultant Jobs in South AfricaYour Role and ResponsibilitiesOver the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter.
In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics,
Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things
Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage.
From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience – it’s what IBMers do.
In Africa, we’ve been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we’re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
This is a full-time position for an experienced services consultant responsible for supporting and deploying products belonging to Security software portfolio.
The position requires working with customers to implement, upgrade, enable and support installations of the IBM Security products both remotely and at customers' sites.
This role is about partnering with the broader IBM team to ensure customers are deploying and receiving value from the Security Software they have purchased from IBM.
This position requires
• 5+ years of relevant experience in designing and deploying solutions based on Security software portfolio. This includes working as a team member with client personnel and other IBM teams to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with or in some instances leading others in the identification, justification, design and deployment of the client's solution.
• Experience and demonstrated technical knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures.
• IT consulting skills, as well as the ability to act as a trusted client advisor and the ability to shift smoothly between roles as advisory team member, team technical lead, and project lead as required.
• Define the enterprise security target architectures and strategic direction through understanding business drivers and demonstrating exhibited knowledge and skills in the Security domain.
• Should have demonstrated communications skills – both written/verbal.
• Able to understand and assess business and regulatory requirements, evaluate the best possible design for the requirement and translate the business needs and regulatory requirements into appropriate solution.
• Architect, Design and implement end-to-end Security solutions.
• Functional and non-functional security requirements definition and documentation experience.
• Develop the migration strategy, migration plans and risks for migration from previous versions to current versions.
• Should possess the technical/functional skills necessary to understand and lead consulting project engagements.
• Helps clients in defining the enterprise roadmap for deployment of Security solution.
• Play substantive/lead role and engagement planning, economics, and billing.
• Participate in training efforts. Identify opportunities to cross-sell other services.
• Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities and service lines. Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
• Understand clients' business environment and pain areas. Participate in proposal development efforts. Participate in "add-on" sales to client
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Information Systems
5+ years of relevant experience in designing and deploying solutions based on Security Software portfolio in the Identity and Access Management space
Readiness to travel 50% travel annually
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions.
Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing.
In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IBM Security Services Consultant Consultant Jobs in South Africa
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.