IAVI Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
IAVI Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya IAVI is in search of an exceptional Regional Chief of Party (COP) reporting to the Program Lead and Principal Investigator (PI) for IAVI’s USAID-funded ADVANCE Program which is a $200 million program funded until June 2026.
We are seeking a seasoned and respected Regional COP for our USAID-funded ADVANCE program responsible of supporting the Program Lead and Principal Investigator and the rest of the ADVANCE Leadership Team in effective implementation of the program in Africa.
The Regional COP will also be responsible of overseeing operations and administration of the Africa Regional office and other locations in Africa.
The regional COP will work closely with a HQ-based program coordinator to deliver annual workplans, annual reporting and host regional and global meetings relevant to the program.
Responsibilities will include:
Management and financial oversight
• Supporting ADVANCE Program Lead and PI in ensuring that the goals and objectives of ADVANCE are fulfilled. This includes ensuring the program is being adequately monitored (utilizing the CoAg Results framework and affiliated MEL systems), reviewed and improved. Where gaps exist, the Regional COP will ensure they are built with support of the affiliated teams. For the financial aspects, the Regional COP will oversee development of and implementation of associated integrated work plans and budgets, ensure that the resources are deployed effectively and assist in a quarterly review of expenses and identify and remedy (with ADVANCE Leadership Team) any delays in execution of program;
• Overseeing all aspects of administration and operations in Africa and staffs in operations, including HR, Budget/Finance, Compliance, Logistics, Procurement, Grant writing and proposals management; Communications, and MEL activities. This includes managing sub-awardee budgets, contractors, ensuring compliance with the Kenyan and any other applicable laws where ADVANCE operates and/or where staff reside, in the areas above;
• Serving as a member of the ADVANCE Leadership team, and other teams as needed.
The Regional COP will support the ADVANCE Program Lead and PI in:
• Building relationships with the ADVANCE-funded network of partners.
• Identifying performance issues and anticipate and mitigate any risks related to program implementation;
• Coordinating and communicating with ADVANCE research collaborators, Clinical Research Centers and donors on actively identifying partnership opportunities and potential pathways to leverage the work of ADVANCE in Africa;
• Representing IAVI and its partners in various fora and presenting the project progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors, other key stakeholders in such meetings and conferences.
Program Reporting and Execution
• Building and ensuring transparency and accountability in reporting processes from the project team to the sub-awardees;
• Facilitating the quality, preparation and timely submission of project reports with affiliated HQ/global teams;
• Writing and/or reviewing project materials and publications;
• Working with finance and project staff to develop, utilize and track project budgets.
Qualifications and Experience
• 10+ years of experience implementing large, complex, multi-partner, multi-year international health sector development projects (at least $10M+ per year);
• 5 years+ of senior-level management experience (e.g., Chief of Party, Project Director, DCOP, Deputy Project Director);
• Master’s degree in science, international development, public health, business management and operations or other related degrees;
• Demonstrable experience with PEPFAR and USAID project management, compliance and reporting requirements. Experience in technical, financial and administrative oversight of USAID and PEPFAR funded projects;
• In-depth understanding of Africa-based HIV epidemics and the HIV response (very valuable, not mandatory);
• Experience in hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs; demonstrable ability to effectively coach, mentor and develop staff;
• Demonstrable leadership and adaptive management skills;
• Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with partners, host country government and other key stakeholders;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple partners;
• Flexible and independent.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IAVI Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.