Hungry Lion Zambia IT System Administrator Jobs
Hungry Lion Zambia IT System Administrator Jobs
Jobs Details The Zambia IT System Administrator is an IT dependency and focused on the ongoing management of Systems and software applications in the Hungry Lion Zambia estate, which includes the distribution of new software and upgrading of existing software, IT Service-centricity, Server/Application uptime and functionality at all times.
The System Administrator assists with the design of Infrastructure/application architecture in Zambia, implementation and ongoing support of systems, projects to provide business solutions based on the general IT strategy. .
• Deliver application and regional HQ support and deployment – based on the IT Strategy, communicated from time to time
• System/Infrastructure/Application support, including the existing Systems/applications and new programs deployed into the Hungry Lion IT landscape
• Serve as the escalation point for internal Zambia customers seeking assistance over the phone, email or ticketing system for all applications / Systems support.
• Ensure store uptime as a priority and manage 3rd party SLA’s in achieving this KPI
• Training / skills transfer of related POS support to IT colleagues, where applicable
• Ensure Zambia branches, Head office and management staff, follow the logging procedure without exception.
• Managing the helpdesk solution through the entire lifecycle from the first point of contact and serve as the contact point between the service provider and the resolution. Proactively keeping the customer informed of progress and creating a knowledge base for future reference, while keeping HQ informed of progress.
• Maintain/Support an application server environment compatible with company preferred OS and report to the Hungry Lion IT management, if/where required.
• Coordinate with Project/development teams to identify needs and work with network engineers, system administrators, database administrators to support and maintain Systems, infrastructure and application server environments.
• Provide technical support to web designers and developers to assist in operating server technologies.
• Maintain metadata and support document management facility.
• Generate reports and database queries using various scripts and querying languages, depending on required business requirement / outcome
• Respond to requests received by the service desk according to agreed SLA / KPI requirement, while at the same time manage supplier SLA / KPI.
• Provide regular project status and estimates to the management as required. Deliver on project tasks on time and within budget.
• Provide support in Quality Assurance testing and testing of recovery plans.
• Provide customer support including resolving issues, preparing cases, updating patches, manuals and training materials where applicable.
• Coordinate with the RSA IT service desk engineers to resolve issues, manage applications and recommend improvements.
• Provide technical support on wired / wireless internet breakout
• Support in-house development of spreadsheet programs and databases.
• Contribute to the Life Cycle Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) – Total cost of proprietorship for the IT software development life span, by submitting detailed and accurate cost analysis with application / Software proposals, where required.
• Maintain and control the Software license management of all related systems / applications / tools – in the Zambian environment by utilizing asset management software, Asset Tiger
• Perform daily checks and report on them as part of KPI’s
• Create and
update official process documentation, where required.
• Identify, analyse and escalate repeat issues or service risks to IT management for strategic solutions
• Sharing knowledge with team colleagues
• Manage several scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers systems / applications remain operational & functional
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques, pertinent questions and troubleshooting
• Perform on site investigations / project implementations as and when the need arises.
• Change management
Skills & Experience:
• Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories (or related), G Suite/Workspace, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
• Experience in System administration
• Knowledge of application design and integration, and cloud computing
• Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
• Experience working on a project team
• User Support based on ticketing system performance
• Daily Checks – System monitoring based on daily checks and feedback
• DR – Testing and restoring
• Project tasks delivered on Time and within Budget
• Speed of Systems deployment – Average time needed to activate new systems after the demand is approved
• Speed of Systems deployment Retirement – Average time needed to deactivate legacy systems after the demand for cancellation is approved
• Fault Slip Through – The percentage of failures or errors overlooked by quality assurance checks and are then declared by end users after application rollout
• Average data center availability
• Call center PBX availability
• Server availability
• Incidents from changes
• Internet proxy performance
• Network availability – High availability sites
• Network availability – Standard sites
• Percentage of backup/restore success rate
• Percentage of production servers meeting software configuration standards
• Percentage of security update restarts within maintenance window
• Product adoption status and compliance
• Storage utility service availability
• Bachelor’s degree in technology / computer science / Proven work experience in a similar role
• 3-4 years proven experience as a Systems Administrator or application administrator role
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Superior time and project management skills.
• Tech savvy with working knowledge of application design, infrastructure technology and databases
• Analytical thinker
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
• Proficiency in English
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of users
• Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
• Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly
• Professional attitude and work habits.
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.