Humanity & Inclusion Project Manager Jobs in Uganda
Humanity & Inclusion Project Manager Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsHandicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
The WISH2ACTION Consortium - Integrated Sexual Health for Women brings together five leading organizations, internationally recognized in their field, to offer inclusive, diversified, innovative and integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in 16 countries to 2.2 million people. users.
The WISH2ACTION Operational Model is a comprehensive and integrated approach to ensuring equitable access to family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), giving priority to the most underserved women and girls, young people under 20, very poor and marginalized populations (including people with disabilities, those displaced or affected by a humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas).
The five members of the WISH Consortium are
• The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
• Marie Stopes International (MSI).
• International Rescue Committee (IRC).
• Development Media International (DMI)
• Humanity & Inclusion (formerly Handicap International) (HI)
In Uganda, the leader of the Consortium is IPPF member association Reproductive Health Uganda, and HI has positioned itself in a technical support and coaching position to improve accessibility and inclusion of health services linked to sexual and reproductive health in project intervention areas.
HI will train, coach and advise the teams of partners and healthcare providers. There are therefore different issues inherent in the implementation of activities by a multi-country and multi-partner consortium but also in technical support (training, monitoring, advice, etc.).
Under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator and in direct coordination with HI International Project Management Unit and National Consortium Management Committee, the Project Manager will:
Ensure operational implementation of the project (project cycle management) and technical supervision
• Coordinate the implementation of the project following the different steps of the project cycle in close coordination with partners, national and local authorities;
• Implement directly activities falling under PM responsibilities;
• Support technically project implementation;
• Ensure appropriate monthly, quarterly, half-year and yearly planning of the project activities;
• Ensure project indicators follow and develop adapted tools to do so;
• Carry out support and follow-up missions in the zones of intervention;
• Identify implementation challenges and propose appropriate solutions / adjustments;
• Develop and timely submit internal and external project reports respecting donor’s requirements and quality standards;
• Pilot monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes related to the project;
• Facilitate cooperation and synergies with other HI teams (mutual planning and resources sharing);
• Ensure coordination between project team and technical unit through support requests and regular meetings according to the needs to ensure intervention quality;
• Pilot external evaluations processes and ensure recommendations implementation.
Ensure proper coordination with partners and other external stakeholders
• Regularly inform and exchange with national project lead on project level of implementation, challenges met and solutions proposed;
• Ensure respect of partnership agreement with national project lead;
• Represent the project towards external partners, local and national;
• Represent HI in the different coordination platforms;
• Contribute to partners’ capacity building according to identified needs and project activities.
Ensure administrative and financial management of the project
Together with support services
• Endorse budget holder responsibilities;
• Establish annual budgetary planning and monthly treasury forecasts;
• Ensure proper and regular follow-up of project’s expenses, analyse discrepancies, anticipate evolutions and propose budgetary adjustments;
• Ensure proper storage of project documentation;
• Ensure respect of internal and donors financial procedures (eligibility and flexibility rules);
• Support the financial manager in the development of financial reports;
• Ensure respect of procurement and service provision procedures (logistics).
Manage and support project team
• Ensure support and management of the project team;
• Ensure development and evaluation of the individual objectives of the project team;
• Participate to the recruitment of the team members if needed, respecting HI human resources standards and procedures;
• Contribute to staff’s capacity building through skills and knowledge transfer;
• Ensure appropriate flow and coordination of information between project team and other HI services;
• Ensure development and follow-up of individual action plans.
Ensure proper external Representation and Coordination in his/her field of expertise
• Support other project teams intervening in the PM fields of expertise on technical aspects (indicators development, training plans, proposal writing…)
• Participate to needs assessments in appropriate fields of expertise;
• Contribute to new project design and to programme strategic development reflexion.
Responsibility: Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
Aim: HI identity, ethic, rules and procedures are respected
Benchmark: HI code of conduct and ethic, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies are known, understood, applied and respected by the PM and her/his team Activities:
In coordination with the Human resources manager and the Field coordinator
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team.
• A Master’s degree in Public health or a related field
• A post graduate diploma in project planning and management
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, midwifery, medicine or public health
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience working with project management for SRH, ideally working on joint projects with international partners and/or health cluster partners.
• At least 2 year of practical experience in Project Management.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in SRHR related fields
• Project cycle management and related tools and methodologies;
• Planning, monitoring and evaluation tools and systems
• Proven Budget planning and monitoring skills
• Knowledge of the Health Sector in Uganda
• Capacity building, training and coaching skills
• Perfect fluency in English: written and spoken and strong writing skills;
• Very familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
• SBCC tool development experience
• Proven managerial skills
• Proven representation experience;
• Ability to work under high pressure;
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Good communication and networking skills
• Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
How to Apply
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document to HR department at email@example.com indicating the position applied for not later than 5:00pm on Sunday 12th July 2020
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.