Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation) Logistics Officers Jobs in Uganda
Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation) Logistics Officers Jobs in Uganda
Job DetailsHandicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Under the supervision of Country Logistics Manager and in direct coordination with Logistics Teams, the job holder manages the Base’s logistics in compliance with Handicap International (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) internal framework and institutional donor regulations so as to ensure on-going logistical support for the activities developed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Steering the Base’s logistics management
• Define and apply logistics procedures for the supply chain (purchase, stock, transport), equipment, vehicle fleets, power supply and telecommunications, in compliance with the legal framework and internal and donor regulations
• Ensure proper update and availbility of all the logistics monitoring tools
• Ensure regular internal controls in link to the implementation of logistics procedures
• Train Base teams in HI and donor logistics procedures and in the logistics regulations applying to the programme and to partners, in compliance with the legal framework
• Support project teams in the training and monitoring of partners with regard to the implementation of logistics procedures
• Ensure checks are conducted on partners' logistics processes
• Ensure the filing and archiving of logistics documents
Planning and guaranteeing efficient supply chain management
• Participate in the drafting of the supply and the resource plan per project
• In liaison with the Field Coordinator and Logistics Department, define (adapted procedure) and supervise the Base’s supply procedures in compliance with internal and donor regulations and legal requirements
• Oversee the transport of merchandise
• Ensure the monitoring of Purchase and Service Requests and check purchase files
• Ensure the reception of merchandise and the delivery of material to requesting parties
• Assist with the drafting of donor reports and preparing for audits on aspects concerning supply
• Draw up contracts for suppliers and service providers and manage, archive and monitor suppliers and service providers
• Ensuring the filing and archiving of files, contracts and documentation associated to the procurement.
Supervising the management and use of the vehicle fleet and other means of transport in compliance with internal regulations and the security plan
• In liaison with the Field Coordinator, define the Base’s transport needs
• Organize the Weekly Movement Plan and any other transportation means shared by the different departments in liaison with the Field Coordinator and Logistics Kampala.
• Make sure Vehicle management rules for the use of Fleets are in compliance with the country regulations and the program security and safety procedures available within the mission.
• Organise/ensure the organisation of the above vehicles’ allocation and availability
Undertake the following tasks and record them in the vehicle monitoring table
• Optimal vehicle maintenance
• Monitoring and checking vehicle use and consumption
• Managing the vehicles' fuel supply
• Daily and Weekly Checking performed by Drivers before departing to the field
• Ensure Safety and Security of the Fleets parking place
• Communicate any incident linked to fleet management, fleet break down, consumption, repair needs, accidents…etc in respect to the communication channel
• Ensuring the filing and archiving of files, contracts and documentation associated with vehicles and transport
Managing technical equipment
• Provide Staff with the proper equipments needs in link to the equipment policy.
• Ensure update of monitor Equipment Monitoring Charts (EMC); ensure the reliability of the data they contain and the filing and archiving of documents pertaining to them
• Liaise with the Programme Finance Unit on the localisation of fixed assets and their monitoring in the EMC
• Make sure all entries and withdrawals for each equipment group are updated in the EMC
• Undertake regular physical inventories and send them to head office in compliance with deadlines
• Ensure the installation, maintenance, monitoring and traceability of equipment (computer, power-supply, communication, etc.)
• Check the Technology Charter is properly applied and monitor
email and internet access
• Train programme staff on how to handle equipment and draft procedures for use
• Assist with drafting donors' financial reports, funding proposals and budgets/budget revisions for aspects concerning equipment management
• Ensuring the filing and archiving of files, contracts and documentation associated with the equipment management
Managing/overseeing the management of general services offices and storage facilities
• Guarantee proper physical management of stocks and storage premises
• Ensure stock management are in link with HI and Donor procedures and regulations.
• Identify and anticipate programme needs for premises
• Follow the procedures set in place by HI for the identification and search for premises in link to the availability of budget, and the security and safety procedures.
• Manage the fitting out, upkeep and maintenance of premises
• Analyse insurance coverage options and contact insurance companies
• Monitor and follow the premises' utility contract costs (water, electricity, etc.)
• Ensure the premises are secure (locking systems, watchmen, first aid kits, extinguishers)
• Manage the logistical organisation of project seminars and training
• Ensuring the filing and archiving of files, contracts and documentation associated with the premise management.
Participating in the analysis and implementation of the programme's security rules
• Bring all security information collected that he/she is aware of to the attention of his/her line manager
• Monitor the programme risks
• Circulate information concerning the security of travel, equipment and premises within the programme
• Secure and render visible the premises, vehicles, equipment and individuals as set out in the security rules
Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team
• Regular refresher trainings are organized
• The ideal candidate for the Handicap International Logistics Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Transport and Logistics, Supply Chain Management or any other relevant degree with proven experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ practical experience in Logistics and supply chain management
• Proven experience Managing the supply chain process
• Proven experience in Stock management
• Proven experience in general services management and Management of technical equipment
• Proven experience in Vehicles management.
Competencies and Skills
• Contracts Management
• Legal knowledge of civil and commercial law (contracts)
• Organizational skills
• Team Player and Multi-tasking
• Decision Making and Communication
• Innovative and Problem solving
three (3) years
How to Apply
All candidates that are qualified should send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter to HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for and preferred duty station
Deadline: Sunday, 17th May 2020 by 3:00pm
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct.
In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.