HTRK Protection Intern Jobs in Kenya
HTRK Protection Intern Jobs in Kenya HIAS is an international nonprofit organization with a vision for a world in which refugees, displaced persons and asylum seekers find welcome, safety and freedom.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Promote and protect the rights of the most vulnerable refugees.
• Follow up on cases and provide refugees counselling and feedback on the status and processing of individual cases;
• Maintenance of the Protection database
• Assist in preparation of project related reports.
• Assist in organization and facilitation of protection committees.
• Assist in organization and facilitation of community empowerment forums.
• Assist in organization and facilitation of orientation workshops.
• Maintain a database and an individual case management strategy for protection cases; Performing other duties as required.
• A recently completed university degree in law, International studies, Social Work, Community Development, Gender studies and/or related studies.
Skills & Competencies
• Languages required (read, write, speak and understand): proficiency in English, knowledge of Kiswahili
• Good Computer skills
• Team work and accountability
• Values: Integrity and Respect for Diversity
• Good knowledge of Nairobi and its environs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Working experience in the refugee sector is an added advantage
• Knowledge of Human rights and Gender Based Violence sector is an added advantage.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae indication to the email address;
firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, indicate Vacancy Notice No. HRTK/P-I/05/20 in the subject line. Applications not bearing the requirements highlighted in this advert will not be considered.
Closing: 7th May 2020 5.00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.