Hospitality Company Chief Finance Officer Jobs in Kenya
Hospitality Company Chief Finance Officer Jobs in KenyaOur client is a global hospitality company and they seek to hire a seasoned Chief Financial Officer to provide direction for financial operations of the company to join their team in Nairobi
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Planning: Preparation of annual financial plan with key objective for all cost centers of the hotel.
• Finance: Arrange and review external financing and ensure reports are forwarded as specified in the agreements. Management of internal finances by regular cash-flow, projections, business plans, petty cash reimbursements, control of debt collection, creditor’s payment as well as tax
forecasting and payment.
• Audits: Co-ordinate with external auditors for completion of statutory audits at the end of each fiscal year and submit the necessary legal returns and ensures any follow-up and implementation of audit recommendations.
• Management and Administration: Ensure accurate, up-to-date accounting reports are produced as per policy.
• Internal Controls: Ensure efficient and effective financial management and controls within the hotel. By personal spot checks, regularly review all internal controls and system and ensure they are updated, upgraded and implemented.
• Legal Documents: Ensure proper review of all insurance policies and premiums. Ensure
compliance with the laws pertaining to licenses within Kenya and the safe custody of the original documents thereof.
• Assets: Ensure proper compilation and maintenance of an accurate assets register for the hotel. Ensure all assets are recorded on procurement, correctly depreciated and properly disposed as and when necessary.
• Operating Equipment: Advise on the most appropriate equipment (e.g. computers, calculators, cash registers etc.) within the Finance department for efficient and optimum operations.
• Personnel Management: Participation in the recruitment of the right caliber of personnel to efficiently operate the finance department and ensure proper supervision, effective motivation, proper discipline and continuous training.
• General: Assist the General Manager and/or Director in any other duties relating to the hotel that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
• Professional Accountant Qualification in ACCA/ACA/ CPA-K
• At least 10 years of senior level experience preferably in the hospitality industry
• Accounting and Financial Principles – Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their proper application to hotels and general business transactions.
• Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most
accurate financial information.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong banking, insurance, and supplier relationships in an effort to provide the company with the most effective and least costly services.
• Must possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage subordinate
executives and managers in various roles and responsibilities.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have sharp business acumen with a firm understanding of critical success factors for
operating a profitable, growing and highly complex five star hotel.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Hospitality Company Chief Finance Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.