Hofokam limited Loans Officers Jobs in Uganda
Hofokam limited Loans Officers Jobs in UgandaRole of the Job Establishing, maintaining, monitoring and evaluating operations of Village banks, Solidarity Groups, Individual borrowers, School fees, Agriculture, Salary Loan products and any other loan products assigned to you.
He/ she is a person in close contact with the clients and collects data on loan performance and communicates to Branch Management any problem related to the credit operations.
Key Outputs Expected
• Individual borrowers, Village banks and Solidarity group lending established, appraised and strengthened;
• Loans Coordination, reporting and liaison functions done;
• Active participation in planning and budgeting done;
• Timely Loan disbursements , loan recoveries for both principle and interest and /or penalty carried out;
• Clients mobilized, trained, evaluated and supervised;
• Excellent customer care and good public relations exhibited at all times;
• Portfolio at risk of one day less than 5% maintained;
• Portfolio at risk of thirty days less than 3% maintained;
• Arrears rate 1 day less than 3% maintained;
• Required active clientele numbers attained;
• Required disbursement numbers attained;
• Required portfolio outstanding volume attained.
Key Result Areas
To promote, train and supervise clients on a weekly basis and /or as assigned by your Supervisor;
Monitor and supervise Village Banks and other loan products assigned to you, follow-up on savings and repayments, maintaining a portfolio at risk rate of less than 5%;
Make weekly visits to the Village Banks and other loan products under your supervision and make recommendations for improvement;
Supervise, and orient Credit Officer(s)/ Trainees assigned to you;
Promote the use of Hofokash as a major service delivery mechanism;
Ensure that all loans falling within Kiva domain have all requirements fully adhered to for enhancement of effective fundraising on Kiva Website.
Assist Village Banks and /or Solidarity Groups to prepare accurate records in the ledger books, Pass books and control books;
Guide clients to make reasonable loan requests for loan capital of all groups and /or individual clients and make appropriate recommendations to the supervisor;
Guide Village Banks and other clients in the disbursement of loans;
Assist in the implementation of loan recovery programs and submit weekly reports to the Supervisor;
Assist Village Banks and other clients assigned to you in opening up savings accounts in collaboration with commercial banks as and when requested;
Conduct monthly audits of all Village Banks and other Loan products under your supervision to ensure safety of members’ savings.
Evaluate individual borrowers, groups and other clients for training and guide them to fill loan request forms for approval;
Participate actively, objectively and carefully in the appraisal process of clients to assess the ability and willingness to repay loans;
Assist in the loan impact evaluation of clients and their performance in Hofokam;
Actively participate in periodic performance reviews of Hofokam;
Carefully study each client’s characters, credit history and present income, to establish his or her ability to repay the loan(s);
Verify with the LCs, Local Governments and elders in the community to establish ownership of the mortgaged securities including land titles.
Planning and Budgeting:
To actively participate in the Hofokam budgeting process;
Participate in weekly, monthly and annual planning meetings;
Create and implement work plans to facilitate the realization of the Hofokam business goal;
Network with other Organizations and individuals in the area of jurisdiction to provide educational, technical and any other non-financial services to the clients to enhance business growth.
Training of new Loans Officers/ Trainees when called upon;
Mobilize and train all clients in their respective roles to successfully administer their loans according to Hofokam methodology;
Identify training needs of the clients under supervision and assist in the implementation of necessary on-going training for the improved performance;
Guide customers in viable basic enterprise selection and diversification to avoid investing in loans in only one risky business.
Maintain constant communication with assigned clients on matters related to business with Hofokam;
Show excellent customer care and effective public relations to clients to attract their continuous loyalty;
Ensure quick Turnaround Time (TAT) when serving customers;
Provide reports as may be required including weekly, monthly, loan tracking, and end of cycle reports.
Minimum Competencies Required:
• To be able to dispose the above responsibilities, a Loans Officer should have at least the following capabilities:
• Keen understanding of the organization’s loan products and its services, procedures and criteria for client selection;
• Survey methodologies and techniques - mapping the areas for expansions or out-reach;
• Training and development skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Basic entrepreneurial skills and problem-solving skills;
• Monitoring and evaluation skills;
• Incorruptible, of high integrity and strong commitment to helping the poor; and
• Honest and hardworking and;
• Ability to drive/ride a motor cycle.
The salary to be paid is in line with Hofokam salary structure for Loans Officers.
24-30 years of age.
A Loans Officer should have at least a Diploma in Marketing, UDBS, Accounting or a Degree in Bcom, Finance, Banking, Administration, Statistics, Economics, Agriculture, Arts and the equivalent as a minimum qualification;
Experience in credit operations is an added advantage
How to Apply
Application letter and CV only should be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd July 2020.Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB size. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 1st August 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.