Hofokam limited Credit Risk Manager Jobs in Uganda
Hofokam limited Credit Risk Manager Jobs in UgandaMain Purpose of the Position To provide prudent Credit Risk Management and decision making in the day to day operations of the Credit function in line with the Business strategy, policies and set targets; and the UMRA Laws and Regulation.
Key Result Areas
• Conduct regular assessment of loans in default across the Institution through engaging in discussions with clients and other stakeholders to facilitate the credit analysis process and in depth understanding of the client’s business.
• Developing and implementing policies and procedures that help reduce the Credit risk of the Institution.
• Undertake implementation of financial models and Credit risk management systems that predict Credit risk exposure of the Institution.
• Ensure credit risk management in the credit processes that maintains the Institution’ s exposure within set internal parameters
• Develop internal procedures that enhance credit risk at all levels of the credit approval and monitoring processes.
• Provide high-quality analyses of credit facilities with appropriate recommendations to approving committees of the Institution. Present credit applications to credit committees when required.
• Provide effective monitoring of the risk grade of credit facilities. Make recommendations to management and credit committees regarding credit applications.
• Identifying high risk Loan accounts and undertakes the necessary corrective action.
• Contribute and guide management in the formulation of the Institution’s credit strategy. Make recommendation to management and credit commitees regarding industry trends, their implications and appropriate actions to take.
• Provide leadership over the credit risk unit ensuring effective performance management is carried out. Learning and development and succession planning in regards to the unit are done.
• Prepare Credit risk assessment and Loan portfolio reporting to the Head of department
• Credit risk awareness: Ability to conceptualize credit risk inherent in the Institution’s lending products and the ability to contribute to Internal Credit assessments and Portfolio strategy discussions.
• Legislation: Must be familiar with legislation and statutory requirements relating to credit approval, administration and monitoring.
• Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Must be able to conceptualize issues and analyze credit proposals to great detail to understand underlying issues.
• Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in MS office and graphic applications, data analysis and presentation.
• Financial Analysis Knowledge: Ability to comprehend and analyze financial statements in regards to credit risk.
• Knowledge of Business Environment: Must understand local and global dynamics of the business environments facing customers, Hofokam and other stakeholders.
Competencies/ Skills / Abilities
• Performance Oriented
• Personal Ethics and Integrity
• Decisive and Independent
• Interpersonal Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• High level of commitment
• Good time Management skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Problem solving skills (hypothesis driven thinking, analytical, quantitative , conceptual skills)
• Strong sense of team work
• Good Communication Skills both Oral and Written
• Proactive Initiator
• Attention to detail
• People Management and Relationship Skills
• Good Knowledge of Lending policies and procedures
• Creative / innovative, and flexible
• Exposure to Credit risk modeling
• Computer Literate
• A Bachelors degree in Business related Field
• Qualification in Credit Management
• 3-5 years working experience in active lending gained in the financial services industry
How to Apply
Application letter and CV only should be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd July 2020.Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB size. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 1st August 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.