Hofokam limited Credit Analyst Jobs in Uganda
Hofokam limited Credit Analyst Jobs in UgandaMain Purpose of the Position To Oversee the Credit business of Hofokam and ensure that the Loans are booked to achieve the targeted business growth and minimize credit losses within acceptable parameters in line with the Business strategy, policies and set targets; and the UMRA Laws and Regulation.
Key Result Areas
• Review and sanction all Loan proposals (new and existing) within the set approval limits in adherence with Hofokam’s Internal credit policies, risk management guidelines and other required regulations
• Assessment and recommendation of loan files outside their discretion to the higher sanctioning authority including the Head of credit, Management credit committee and Board credit committee in a bid to achieve the Institution’s disbursement target of quality loans.
• Analyze current credit data, financial statements of borrowers to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit and determine expected profitability of loans as well as preparing reports justifying the decision made.
• Train, coach and mentor staff in the credit value chain in credit assessment and analysis, loan structure, delinquency management, policies and procedures in order to maintain quality loans for the Institution.
• Participate in reviewing / updating of the Institution’s Credit policies and procedures on a regular basis with industry trends, evolving regulations, and legal requirements as well as their implementation to ensure compliance.
• Review status of aged and delinquent Loan portfolio on a weekly basis; supervise implementation of delinquency management procedures. where appropriate determines and recommends new repayment terms for some delinquent loans or legal action.
• Compile and generate periodic performance related reports to the Head of department
• Participate in the development and review of the products and lending methodologies to enhance their performance
• Participate in weekly credit meetings to review performance and guide the teams for continued improved performance for all indicators
• Conferring with Credit reference bureau and other references to exchange credit information on clients.
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of counter party risks for new or increased facilities, conduct regular risk reviews and monitor covenants and conditions on the existing Loan portfolio base.
• Coordinate and ensure that the post-approval implementation of loan facilities and legal documentation is in accordance with the conditions of sanctions.
• Participate in and remain abreast of market developments, stay attuned to industry and market risk developments and trends in relation to counterparty exposures and their impact on the underlying portfolio. Provide recommendations to the Head of Credit.
• Responsibility for personal adherence to Governance, Compliance and Lending portfolio controls thus ensuring own conformance to policy and procedures within the credit function, including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for data integrity.
• Good understanding of accounting (both Management and Financial accounting) to analyse financial strengths and weaknesses of clients and identify potential risks to Credit proposals.
• Gain thorough working knowledge of the risk systems for monitoring and related procedures for
• analyzing the account behavior of clients and identifying trends and shifts in Credit risk profiles.
• Credit risk awareness: Ability to conceptualize credit risk inherent in the Institution’s lending products and the ability to contribute to Internal Credit assessments and Portfolio strategy discussions.
• Legislation: Must be familiar with legislation and statutory requirements relating to credit approval, administration and monitoring.
• Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Must be able to conceptualize issues and analyze credit proposals to great detail to understand underlying issues.
• Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in MS office and graphic applications, data analysis and presentation.
• Financial Analysis Knowledge: Ability to comprehend and analyze financial statements in regards to credit risk.
• Knowledge of Business Environment: Must understand local and global dynamics of the business environments facing customers, Hofokam and other stakeholders.
Competencies/ Skills / Abilities
• Performance Oriented
• Personal Ethics and Integrity
• Decisive and Independent
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• High level of commitment
• Good time Management skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Strong Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
• Problem solving skills (hypothesis driven thinking, analytical, quantitative , conceptual skills)
• Strong sense of team work
• Strong Communication Skills both Oral and Written
• Proactive Initiator
• Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
• People Management and Relationship Skills
• Solid understanding of Lending policies and procedures
• Creative / innovative, and flexible
• Exposure to Credit risk modeling
• Proficient in Microsoft office and advanced Excel
• A Bachelors degree in Business related Field
• Qualification in Credit Management
• 3-5 years working experience in credit analysis
How to Apply
Application letter and CV only should be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd July 2020.Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB size. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 1st August 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.