HKI Procurment and IT Officer Jobs in Kenya
HKI Procurment and IT Officer Jobs in Kenya
Helen Keller International is looking for an innovative Procurement Officer who will be responsible for the procurement and logistics management functions of the Kenya Country Office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
• Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
• Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy.
• Compliance with the procurement procedures as per the Helen Keller Intl and donor policies
• Spear heads the constitution of the procurement committees and the Terms of
• Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached.
• Ensuring all invoices received reconcile to the purchase orders accompanied by corresponding receipts.
• Negotiating with suppliers and suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
• Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and service providers to ensure on-going feasibility.
• Ensuring the quality, relevance and conformity of all service provider contracts and administrative documents before they are signed.
• Coordinate the process of purchasing products or services and organising and confirming delivery of goods and services.
• Prepare the calls for tender and participate in the identification of the shortlist.
• Prepare the letter of invitation and draw up the contract or aim for orders.
• Management of the procurement budget
• Preparing procurement reports.
• Ensure that HKI operates in accordance with HKI's and donor procurement policies, rules and regulations.
• Actively participate in the proposal and budget development process to ensure the development of procurement plans and subsequent work plans.
• Prepare annual procurement plans with quarterly and updates for procurements needed for the office and programs.
• Develop supplier and service provider database that meets the criteria-efficiency, effectiveness, quality, competitiveness and value for money.
• Develop delivery contracts, framework contracts and purchase orders in line with HKI contractual guidelines.
• Ensure documentation of the procurement process both electronic and manual filing systems in compliance with the Helen Keller Intl procurement manual procedures.
Logistics and Administration
• Coordinate logistics and protocol of all missions.
• Supervise the management and maintenance of the logistics of Helen Keller Intl (Real Estate, Furniture, Vehicles, Motorcycles, etc ...)
• Manage the movement plans to ensure adherence of staff to the procedures and the facilitation of staff movement (by road and flights)
• Allow petty cash expenses for the office administration.
• Liaises with IT departments to ensure proper server usage and maintenance of staff laptops and the internet connectivity.
Coordinate staff and office security
• In collaboration with the HR and Operations Manager, manage Kenya Visa, alien cards, and Work Permits for International staff; Ensure timely submission and follow-up as needed.
• Maintain a records management system meets Helen Keller Intl /donor requirements for records and archiving, and requires regular archiving of documents at secure locations (i.e., access security and security against records damage due to climate conditions);
• Work closely with the NGO board to ensure that the county office compliance.
• Develop and manage appropriate physical inventory count procedures for the Nairobi office and field offices.
• Develop and manage procedures for the disposal of fixed assets to ensure appropriate levels and control over eventual sales values and donations.
• Enforce the systems, policies and procedures for the management of the organisation assets in the field offices as well as the Nairobi office.
• Maintain and update Asset inventory on a bi-annual basis and submit report to HQ.
Motor Vehicle Management
• Ensure that all official vehicle documentation is current and available in the vehicles.
Maintain a record for each vehicle.
• Analyse logbooks and fuel consumption. Report any anomalies.
Perform any other task to contribute to the smooth running of the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
• In-depth knowledge of the procurement procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Work experience in an international NGO in a similar position for at least three years.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task and prioritize among competing demands.
• A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines in a multi-cultural setting.
• Knowledge of USAID procurement regulations.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
KRecruitment@hki.org stating the job title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.