HIAS Technical Advisor, Gender and GBV - Africa and Eurasia Jobs in Kenya
HIAS Technical Advisor, Gender and GBV - Africa and Eurasia Jobs in Kenya HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization that protects refugees-including women and children, and ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities-whose lives are in danger for being who they are.
Overall responsibilities fall into four broad functional areas of Technical Support/Program Design, Monitoring & Evaluation/Research, Donor Diversification, and Partnership Development and Coordination
Overall Technical Support and Quality Assurance
• Guides the development and implementation of HIAS’ Global Signature Approach to GBV programming tailored to the Africa and Eurasia.
• As part of a multi-disciplinary team (GBV, MHPSS, Economic Inclusion and Legal Protection), supports integrated program design that meets the specific needs of women and girls including those with intersecting Lesbian and Gender Non-Conforming identities, and programming for gay and transgender migrants and refugees who are survivors of gender-based violence.
• Supports the regional uptake of the GBV Information Management System and supports country programs in using the data to design and adjust programming based on the type and frequency of violence being reported.
• Works with country programs to develop capacity enhancement plans and, where feasible, provides training, and where it is not feasible, supports countries to identify appropriate consultants.
• Provides ongoing technical support for HIAS’ GBV programming Africa and Eurasia, including development of Regional Communities of Practice webinars and other opportunities to share cross-context learning with program staff across the regions.
• Provides technical oversight and field monitoring of the program staff in close coordination with M&E and program managers to ensure high-quality implementation of GBV programming and resources.
• Supports the development of and training materials focused on GBV Case Management and Risk Mitigation.
• Supports needs assessments as needed for new programming locations.
• Reviews and shares program-specific tools/resources/curricula and work with countries and HQ to contextualize and adapt global and country-specific materials Monitoring & Evaluation, and Research
• Supports regional research projects by working with women and girls and their communities to identify the most relevant research questions based on HIAS GBV programming in the region
• Contributes to case studies, promising practices, lesson learns and other knowledge based products to share HIAS’ learning with the broader forced migration field.
• Supports program monitoring in collaboration with Regional M&E Coordinator and GBV project staff and ensures monitoring data is used to inform programming as needed to contribute to high-quality implementation of GBV programming that meets the stated needs of survivors.
Partnership Development & Coordination
• Contributes to positioning HIAS as key actor and partner of choice on GBV through alliance building with women led Civil Society Organizations in the region.
• Facilitates the development, strengthening and expansion of partnerships with national Ministries of Social Services and Health, pertinent UN agencies, and other relevant stakeholders on issues related to gender, violence against women and girls and LGBTQ community issues.
• Serves as HIAS’ Technical Representative as needed in external regional meetings and academic fora with donors, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations as requested by the Director, Gender and GBV Programs.
• Contributes to capacity building for key partners’ GBV staff and other stakeholders at the regional and national levels.
• Supports planning and implementation of partnership activities, including research initiatives with academic partners.
• Reviews technical quality of proposals, including reviews of technical activities and alignment to the Refugee Rights Framework, to ensure competitive submissions.
• Contributes to HIAS’ strategic goals to diversify the country offices’ funding sources by supporting the Regional Development Officer in his/her/their efforts to mobilize resources and build partnerships for the development of new GBV and gender focused projects in Africa and Eurasia, including emergency response efforts.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Demonstrated understanding of: feminist and public health approaches to prevention and response to violence against women and girls, the gendered drivers of violence against women and girls and the links between patriarchy and the violence faced by LGBTQ identified migrants and refugees.
• Degree in Public Health, Social Work or a related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience supporting survivors of violence in a humanitarian setting, preferably in Africa and/or Eurasia.
• Demonstrated experience with minimum standards for risk reduction and survivor response; preferably will have an understanding of primary prevention.
• Demonstrated experience in implementation of multi-sectoral response to GBV.
• Demonstrated experience applying IASC gender based violence guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to train staff and implementing partners on GBV and gender, including excellent communication and presentation skill.
• Demonstrated capacity and experience in conducting field level assessments and developing assessment tools, e.g. questionnaires, focus group discussions.
• Collaborative, flexible team player with a sense of humor and the ability to think critically about solutions to gaps in economic inclusion programming
• Excellent oral and written English and French language skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to regularly communicate with, motivate and support field-based staff as well as effectively communicate key program achievements and operational challenges
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required
• Ability to travel up to up to 35% for the first year of the position
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; HIAS Technical Advisor, Gender and GBV - Africa and Eurasia Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.