HI Psychologist Jobs in Uganda
HI Psychologist Jobs in UgandaJob summary Under the supervision of the HI APEAL Project Manager and in coordination with the Consortium
Management Unit and the technical support of the HI Technical Unit, the Psychologists will:
Ensure planning and field coordination of project activities with internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in the monthly HI activity planning meetings
• Develop monthly and weekly field activity plans
• Coordinate field activities with consortium partners
• Ensure regular coordination meeting with MHPSS actors, Health actors and communities
Implement, facilitate and follow-up, on a daily basis, the project activities in accordance with the project implementation plans
In coordination with consortium partners and HI settlement team:
Assess needs of mental health patients identified in coordination with MHPSS workers, health services and families and/or caretakers;
• Participate to the identification of persons needing Mental Health and Psychosocial support
• Assess the needs of mental health patients and establish therapeutic plan accordingly.
• Contribute to the identification and assessment of Person with Specific Needs and individuals a risk of being victims of violence
• Contribute to the development of a referral network and pathway especially regarding the MH specialised services and protection in close collaboration with MHPSS Technical manager and other services under the supervision of the PM.
• Participate to the identification of barriers to equal access to services, especially MHPSS ones
Offer secure and appropriate psychological support
• Provide psychological services based on the informed consent of the beneficiary and adapted to her/his needs, taking into account the limitations of the emergency responses;
• Actively involve the beneficiaries and their caregivers at all stages of the assessment and response, in order to ensure the relevance and sustainability of the intervention;
• Detect any evolution of the cases and will modify the action plan accordingly or refer to relevant colleague, superior or stakeholders;
• Use secure and respectful methods when working with beneficiaries
• Implement follow up for individual with mental conditions or psychological distress through therapeutic individual, and group sessions
• Ensure the responsibility of the service provided to the beneficiary;
• Use various communication means (written, spoken, etc.) during activities to ensure the self-expression of the beneficiaries
• Facilitate inclusive activities;
• Identify his/her own limits and ask for support before any acts that could cause harm to beneficiary.
Refer beneficiary to other services when needed:
• Identify needs for referrals to other relevant stakeholders and monitor referrals conducted in relationship with, the program manager and the relevant Technical Advisor (MHPSS,
• Rehabilitation and/or other);
• Refer persons to appropriate services through adequate referral system in place. Referrals can be discussed in team meetings and in close collaboration with others colleagues;
• Recognize emergency situation or situations that need immediate medical care or protection measure and react in consequence making efforts to ensure that beneficiary get the appropriate services.
Participate in the data collection and MEAL activities of the project In close collaboration with the MEAL team:
• Maintain complete individual files for each beneficiary, including detailed descriptions of services provided and evolution of the case;
• Ensure that complete beneficiary pack is properly filled and signed;
• Respect all guidelines and documentation within the project;
• Produce weekly activity reports and contribute in the development of project reports using HI Uganda MEAL templates
• Maintain complete documentation for each activity following the recommendations and template of the project manager
• Contribute to the development of the Program Managers activity reports
• Participate in project review workshops
• Participate in assessments and facilitate project evaluations at field level
• Facilitate participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Ensure that field data collection is charged with the MEAL team
• Coordinate the reporting system at settlement level from MHPSS workers, PT and OT
• Participate in the development of the technical reports and contribute to providing specific information when required
• Ensure information sharing to and from internal coordination for MHPSS sector
• Provide MHPSS technical inputs and collaborate with surveys, assessments and monitoring reports conducted by the HI project manager and MEAL department
Demonstration of an ethics, safe, secure and professional practices
• To show professional ethics, respect and promote Humanity & Inclusion’s mandate and humanitarian principles at all times
• To respect the Humanity & Inclusion protection of children policy, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, the anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
• To report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others
• To contribute to the definition and/or update of security framework at field level
• To observe at all times strict commitment to Humanity & Inclusion Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level
• To support information internal dissemination to relevant focal persons at mission level aiming
• at reinforcing security and safety of Handicap International staff and assets
• To participate in security meetings upon the line manager request and report relevant information to the appropriate persons
• Act as a focal point for the link with the support services team at coordination level
Personal Skills & Competencies Required
• Strong comprehension of the psychosocial issues of people with disabilities
• Proven project activity implementation skills in collaboration with stakeholders
• Capacity building, training and coaching skills
• Fluency in written and oral English and strong report writing skills;
• Fluently written and spoken local languages
• Knowledge of project cycle and related tools and methodologies;
• Knowledge of the MHPSS and Disability Sectors in Uganda
• Ability to work under high pressure;
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
• Strong team player and ability to work independently
• Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet Condition:
• Degree in clinical or Counselling Psychology
• At least 2 year of professional experience in an NGO at officer level
• At least 4 years of professional experience in psychology related work
• At least 2 years’ experience in team management
• At least 2 years’ experience in representation role
• Experience in consortia lead projects
• Experience in the fields of inclusion/accessibility of services/services to persons with disabilities
• Experience working in refugee context
• Experience in hospital settings is an asset Gross Salary: 2,208,949 UGX
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: Till December 2020
How to Apply
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as ONE Document to HR department at
email@example.com indicating the position applied for and preferred duty station not later than 5:00pm on Sunday, 14th June 2020.
Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.