HealthRight International Associate Director of Programs Jobs in Uganda
HealthRight International Associate Director of Programs Jobs in UgandaPosition Summary Reporting to the Country Director CD, the Associate Director of Programs will be responsible for the operational success of HeaIthRight in Uganda, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation.
In this role, the Associate Director of Programs will manage a growing staff of 35 individuals. The Director of Programs will be a key external face of HealthRight in the community. .
• Cultivate relationships with external partners including donors, civil society and government in furtherance of program objectives
• Ensure appropriate data management and MERL systems for data monitoring, analysis, utilization, and reporting
• Establish clear, time—bound performance metrics
• Support global and national business development efforts to build a robust grant pipeline
• Grow HealthRight’s visibility in Uganda through strategic communications and advocacy efforts
• In collaboration with the Associate Director for Finance and Administration, implement systems that ensure accurate budgeting and sound ﬁscal management of projects
• Implement objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
• Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps
• Foster a sense of community, learning, accountability and ownership among team members
• Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with experience implementing public health programs and managing teams to grow and further develop a proven program.
The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the CD and work collaboratively with a mission—driven and highly effective staff and management team.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in public health or related ﬁeld strongly preferred
• 7- 10 years of experience implementing public health programs in Uganda with at least four years of team management experience
• Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
• Proven ability to write winning grant proposals
• Demonstrated ability and track record of partnering with donors, MOH institutions, NGOs, communities and health development partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Prior experience of developing and managing project budgets
• Demonstrated experience building, mentoring and developing a happy, motivated and productive team.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, and a commitment to and passion for HealthRight's mission
How to Apply
All applicants should send their CVs to
Deadline for application is 20th July 2020
At HealthRight diversity is a core value, and we welcome applications from qualiﬁed individuals regardless of race, ethnicity; age, religion)’ belief or any other background. HealthRight is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at HealthRight are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion or belief or any other background or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.