HAART Case worker Jobs in Kenya
HAART Case worker Jobs in Kenya
Awareness Against Human Trafficking (HAART) Kenya, non-governmental organization based in Nairobi dedicated to fighting human trafficking in Eastern Africa. HAART works through a multi- disciplinary approach applying the UN Four P’s Strategy to combat trafficking in persons: Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Policy and Partnership.
HAART is one of the key counter-trafficking organizations in Kenya addressing the issue of human trafficking by supporting the people most affected by it and also developing best practices in the movement.
The HAART Outreach Care department focuses on providing trauma informed and victim centered care to victims of trafficking in the communities. The department caters for all victims of trafficking and is the first point of contact of victims of trafficking in the organization.
The victims identified receive services based on their individual needs and these services may include but are not limited to legal aid, basic health care, economic empowerment, and psycho-social support.
The post holder will be responsible for providing the above mentioned services, information and victims’ rights advice to individuals who are victims of human trafficking. This will entail providing practical support to ensure victims of trafficking are aware and have access to available services. The candidate will report to the Outreach Care Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
● To provide information and casework support on available services for victims of trafficking.
● To conduct initial screenings with potential victims of trafficking.
● To act as a primary point of contact for casework correspondence, receive initial requests for advice and information from potential victims, staff and partnering organizations.
● To strengthen the legal case management through maintaining accurate records of all cases and their progress in court with assistance from the legal officer.
● To refer victims of trafficking for specialized care internally and externally.
● To work closely with the Outreach Care Manager, Shelter Manager and other caseworkers.
● Proactively conduct Case Management, Documentation and Reporting.
● Management of crisis and emergencies from victims.
● Participation in development of sustainable programs, structures and processes.
in case management meetings and other meetings in the organization.
● Timely preparation of purchase requisitions as per victim case needs, and prompt accounting for funds received.
● Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Essential criteria & qualification
● Diploma in Social Work or any other related field in social sciences.
● At least 1 year working experience in social work.
● Proven experience in working closely with vulnerable groups and must be a team player.
● Must have a recent certificate of good conduct.
● Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
● Ability to adapt to different cultures.
● Good IT skills including the use of Word and database software.
● Knowledge on human rights and community-based child protection approaches.
● Passion to work with vulnerable groups and ability to be empathic.
● Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emerging priorities that may arise.
● Commitment to HAART values and Children and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy.
At HAART we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF with a cover letter stating their expected salary, CV, and contact information for 2 references to
firstname.lastname@example.org using “Case Worker Position” as the subject of the email.
Only complete applications will be reviewed and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.