Grant Thornton Head of Laboratory Services Jobs in Kenya
Grant Thornton Head of Laboratory Services Jobs in Kenya The position holder will be responsible for overseeing, supervising, and administrating all laboratory activities, in accordance with established hospital and department policies and standards. Will comply with all criteria mandated by appropriate accrediting and licensing agencies. .
Main Responsibilities of Job
The jobholder will be responsible for:
• Demonstrating the ability to communicate the hospital’s mission, vision, and values, as well as departmental goals, to all staff.
• Providing leadership and guidance to other leaders and staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management, and outcome achievement.
• Defining performance objectives and metrics for the department and assesses the level of competence of staff in a timely manner.
• Demonstrating a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling the desired behaviors and encouraging those in others.
• Demonstrating the ability to cope with and manage change, as well as help others do the same.
• Collaborating with other departments to create systems and problem solve ongoing issues that impact departmental/organizational goals and/or patient care delivery.
• Demonstrating fiscal accountability for department resources and the ability to achieve outcomes within allocated resources.
• Incorporating quality improvement data and/or patient satisfaction data into departmental goals.
• Demonstrating a clear understanding of regulations applicable to patient care and/or other department functions.
• Planning, organizing, and directing department/program activities. Developing goals and objectives, establishing and implementing policies and procedures for department/program operation.
• Reviewing department performance, affects changes, as needed, to improve services provided and ensure compliance with both hospital guidelines and regulatory requirements, and keeps administration informed of department/program activities, needs, and problems.
• Introducing and demonstrating new procedures, programs, and equipment to the staff. Plans and conducts meetings and discussions with both administration and staff to encourage participation in formulating departmental/program policies, promote initiative, solve problems, and to interpret new regulations and procedures.
• Overseeing the selection, training/orientation, and assignment of the staff. Develops standards of performance and monitors and supervises staff; evaluates performance and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, salary increases, and disciplinary action.
• Sound reasoning skills enabling both sound scientific judgment and appropriate management decisions.
• Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy are essential.
• Demonstrable leadership skills.
• Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Business savvy.
• Master of Medicine in Clinical Pathology.
• Advanced competency in diagnostic clinical pathology.
• 15 years working experience, 10 of which must be in a supervisory cadre in any function in the Hospital.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to
email@example.com stating the position on the subject heading.
Clearly indicate your current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.