Grant Thornton Finance Director Jobs in Kenya
Grant Thornton Finance Director Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsWith 11 partners and more than 130 team members, our firm dates back nearly 30 years.
We have deep links with the Kenyan business community and in-depth knowledge of the market.
We are particularly strong in our tax consultancy services.
Many new entrants to the Kenyan and African emerging markets choose us as their financial partners to give them a solid foundation in an exciting new area of business opportunity.
We set ourselves high standards in delivering value to clients, in a timely manner.
In our latest survey (January 2012), our clients said they appreciated our friendly and personalised attention to them and the prompt, professional and reliable advice and support they could count on from us.
We look forward to helping you grow your business.
You could say it’s our instinct.
Global scale and agility As a $4.7bn global organisation of member firms with 40,000 people in over 130 countries, we have the scale to meet your changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps you to stay one step ahead.
Our client provides quality private healthcare to residents of Kenya and the neighboring countries.
They are looking to fill the position of a Finance Director.
The Position holder will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in business and financial planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including development of policies, systems, processes that would safeguard the financial resources and lead to attainment of set goals and objectives.
Roles and responsibilities
• Ensure working in close cooperation with the Chief Operating Officer that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the financial decision making in terms of clarity on turnover, profit, costs and investment and forward planning.
• Contribute to the preparation of the strategic plan including Preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
• Ensure formulation and implementation of divisional and departmental plans in line with the corporate objectives
• Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirements and to measure both the inputs and the outcomes of the operations including provision of accounting services for use by managers in planning and controlling the work of their departments, to cover financial accounting, management accounting, and forecasting, budgeting and control systems.
• Maintain contact with bankers, investment managers, pension advisers and auditors.
• Continually review the Finance manuals and policy documents to ensure compliance with the strategy and the present challenges
• Provide professional financial and corporate advice to Senior Management, the Board and its Committees.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Prepare accurate and up to date financial and management accounting information to facilitate the preparation of reliable reports, budgets, business plans and management decisions.
• Create and maintain good and effective working relations with banks, financial institutions, statutory bodies and key/leading corporate clients.
• Maintain effective cash flow and treasury management.
• Proven record of accomplishment of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
• Good knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems preferably in a multi user/network environment.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise;
• Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and ability to effectively interface with senior management.
• Master’s in business administration.
• Professional qualifications in CPA (K) ACCA, ACA or any other recognized professional accounting qualification.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “FINANCE DIRECTOR” or “HEAD OF PROCUREMENT & STORES” by Friday 10th April 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.