Government of Canada Consular Officer Jobs in Ethiopia
Government of Canada Consular Officer Jobs in Ethiopia
Summary of position: The Embassy of Canada in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is soliciting applications for the Consular Officer position. Under the supervision of the Deputy Management Consular Officer (DMCO), the Consular Officer manages a program of consular client service, implements preparatory and preventative measures in support of the Canadian community, and provides administrative support to the program.
The Consular Officer is responsible for; managing the delivery of passport and citizenship services to Canadians within the Mission’s area of accreditation (Ethiopia and Djibouti); overseeing delivery of routine and general assistance and information to the Canadian community; developing and maintaining awareness of the local environment and building a network of relationships to facilitate the delivery of consular services; implementing and delivering management services and support to the Consular program, supervising a Consular Assistant; providing administrative support to the Consular program, and performing other related duties, including but not limited to supporting consular related visits by Canadian government officials as well as assisting the Mission in its operations and activities as directed.
Applicants must clearly and explicitly demonstrate in both their application letter and résumé that they meet the essential qualifications on the education, language and experience criteria listed in order to be screened into this competition. Only candidates that meet the language, experience and education qualifications will be invited for further assessment.
• University degree from a recognized university in a related field; for example, public administration, psychology, communications, social sciences, business administration, international relations or law.
• Fluency in English (oral and written).
• Intermediate proficiency in French (oral and reading)
• Fluency in Amharic (oral and written)
• Minimum of two years’ work experience in an office environment in an Embassy, NGO or international organization.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in responding to public/client inquiries or in a customer service role, in responding to inquiries from the public, providing advice and services to clients.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative role establishing and maintaining filing systems and maintaining accurate records
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic/Consular Relations.
• Knowledge of
responsibilities of a Consular team in an Embassy.
• Knowledge of local administrative and governmental procedures as they relate to Canadians and expatriate residents (institutions and civil documentation, identity, education, employment, etc.)
• Ability to organize work, manage multiple demands to meet deadlines and priorities in a high-paced work environment.
• Ability to analyze, evaluate and present information to facilitate decision making.
• Effective interactive communication - Oral and Written.
• Professional integrity and sound judgement.
• Excellent and proven attention to detail.
• Client Focus
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Previous consular experience /experience providing notarial or legal services.
• Knowledge in using an information management system or database of qualitative and quantitative information, in particular COSMOS applications.
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer; it wishes to establish and maintain a representative workforce and encourages applications from women and persons with disabilities. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor.
• Required to work directly with the public including with Canadians in distress.
• Required to routinely work overtime, sometimes on short notice and on an “on call” basis 24/7.
• Some travel is required domestically or internationally.
• Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days a week.
Condition(s) of Employment:
• Must be currently living in and legally entitled to work in Ethiopia.
• Able to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada Reliability Status Clearance.
• Successful completion of Passport training within the first three months of employment (training will be provided).
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Government of Canada Consular Officer Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.