GOAL Internal Audit & Compliance Officer Jobs in Uganda
GOAL Internal Audit & Compliance Officer Jobs in Uganda GOAL is currently seeking to hire one (1) Internal Audit and Compliance Officer to join our Kampala team .
With close supervision and support from the Internal Auditor, to ensure the following is carried out satisfactorily:
• Ensure that Risk focused audit calendar/planner for each financial year is developed and shared with auditees.
• Participate in the regular auditing of GOAL locations and Implementing partners operations to ensure compliance with GOAL, Donors and Government rules and regulations.
• Assess and provide independent Assurance on whether GOAL’s systems of internal controls are adequate and identify improvements where necessary across all departments.
• Ensure timely submission of all audit reports and see to it that identified gaps are shared and discussed with relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure that risk management processes in line with COSO framework are effectively embedded throughout the organization.
• Completing Donor Compliance Bi-annual Reports for HQ submission. This will be include:
o Review time sheets (100%)> involves maintenance of trucking sheet for time sheets, checking to ensure correct allocations are used. Review the monthly Timesheet tracking sheet for all GOAL > staff and test labour costs charged to donors to ensure they are adequately supported by timesheets (reconcile with leave, training etc.) and check the filling of time sheets if it is done correctly.
• Review the Audit control file and ensure the documentation for cost apportionment to donors is properly filed for ease identification in an audit.
• Review donor files to ensure they are well maintained in accordance with GOAL Grant management guidelines; ensure all donor files have a final signed copy of contract, signed amendments etc.
• Test sampled stock purchases to ensure physical count agrees with stock card balance, correct donor codes, proof of distribution, correct value is recorded etc. Note; Testing templates will be provided.
• Review of FAR to ensure new and old assets are properly recorded i.e. correct value, asset and donor codes and check physical existence of assets.
• Review allocations spread sheet located on controls file for the particular months in the quarter.
• Stay informed of and ensure adherence to the standard of GOAL procedures, policies, internal controls as set out in the relevant manuals, policies and guidelines.
• Stay Informed of and ensure adherence to the government regulations and providing updates for changes in regulations to management staff.
• Ensure that action point tracker is developed and maintained up-to-date with regular follow-ups on open issues.
Increasing self-reliance and supporting access to basic services
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• A University graduate in finance or related field.
• CPA, CCA or CIMA; minimum level II is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in auditing and compliance.
• Previous NGO experience and knowledge of Donor rules and regulations is required.
• Experience in preparation of presentations for Meetings
• Very good analysis and report writing skills required.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Organized, flexible and ability to respond to changing priorities
• Willingness to travel to field sites on a regular basis
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills while interacting with Colleagues and Partners
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference) and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda:
email@example.com indicating the title ‘Internal Audit & Compliance Officer’ in the subject line by 3rd July 2020. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.