GOAL Agricultural Officer Jobs in Uganda
GOAL Agricultural Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Details GOAL is currently seeking to hire one (1) Agricultural Officer to join our Agago/Kalongo team.
The Agricultural Officer will be motivated by the opportunity to share knowledge and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of agricultural production in targeted communities.
They will understand the importance of linking nutrition and agriculture and how they are interlinked.
They will be a self-starting, open and transparent communicator, willing to support colleagues, work as a team and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when required.
Project planning and implementation
• Conduct regular market surveys, assessments and mapping of agricultural actors and stakeholders in Agago District working in specific value chains, notably maize and a variety of nutrient dense foods
• Identify and facilitate linkages between project participants and key agricultural stakeholders, including input and output dealers, District officials and others
• Develop agricultural training plans and session guides for community groups on pre and post harvest handling practices
• Deliver agricultural trainings to large community groups
• Support the development, maintenance and harvest of demonstration plots in selected parishes (specifically maize)
• Support and mentor community volunteers to cultivate their own maize plots, providing regular guidance and support to promote positive yields and results
• Provide supplementary support to Nutrition Officers to manage and oversee community volunteers and community groups and ensure quality and timely implementation of project activities as per the project plan
Networking, coordination and outreach
• Work closely with agricultural extension workers and other relevant sub-county and district stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of project activities
• Establish and maintain good coordination and working relationships with sub-county and district leaders and local government departments, representing GOAL in coordination meetings and soliciting their participation in all activities where appropriate and as directed by the line manager
• Introduce the project team and project participants to relevant stakeholders including local business owners, local representatives and community members
• Foster ongoing positive cooperation with these stakeholders and forge links between market actors, producers, end users, etc. and project participants
Documentation, monitoring, learning and reporting
• Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on agricultural activities, outputs and results as per the project workplan and monitoring plan
• Participate in baseline, endline and sustainability data collection as well as support longitudinal monitoring at 2, 6 and 12 months post-activity implementation
• Ensure consistent and accurate records are taken and kept for all NIPP participants in the project monitoring tools as required
• Participate in project and volunteer/community review meetings
• Conduct follow-up and spot check on on-going activities for quality control Increasing self-reliance and supporting access to basic services Agricultural Officer Job Advert
• Provide inputs and support on the development of learning documents including learning reviews, success stories, story of change
• Maintain proper filing system using the agreed filing structure and platforms
• Prepare weekly workplans and submit to the Project Manager
• Record and respond to feedback from communities, following GOAL CBRM process and protocol.
• Provide relevant agricultural information as required in the development of new proposals
• Ensure compliance with the HR manual and GOAL policies and procedures, maintaining standards of integrity and working to the GOAL Code of Conduct
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to GOAL Uganda and to not jeopardize its humanitarian and development mission
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• University degree in Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Health, Social Sciences, or related discipline. Experience may substitute for qualifications, but not the other way around.
• Minimum two years working experience of community agricultural with a strong focus on partnering with the District and private sector
• Comprehensive understanding of Acholi Dialect
• Possession of a riding permit (Class A) and ability to ride a motorcycle
• Experience in conducting market assessments, mappings and surveys
• Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of training
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference) and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda:
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title ‘Agricultural Officer’ in the subject line by 2nd July 2020. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.