Global Compact Office Programme Officer Jobs in Nigeria
Global Compact Office Programme Officer Jobs in Nigeria
Org. Setting and Reporting This position is located in Local Networks team, Global Compact Office in Africa (Abuja). The Programme Officer (Regional Office, Abuja) reports to the Senior Programme Officer, Local Networks. The incumbent of this post will contribute towards the development and delivery of the UN Global Compact Strategy for the African region.
The United Nations Global Compact is the United Nations' voluntary corporate sustainability initiative in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment, and anti-corruption. It revolves around ten universal principles drawn from four key international instruments in these areas. The Global Compact Office is the United Nations entity responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Global Compact initiative. It pursues two complementary objectives:
Making the Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
Facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and collective action in support of United Nations, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Within delegated authority, the Programme Officer (Regional Office, Abuja) will be responsible for the following duties:
• Develops, implements and evaluates programmes /projects with a focus on the collaboration with the United Nations country teams and regional offices of United Nations organizations across the African region, including by facilitating collaboration between Local Networks, United Nations country teams and the local business communities, etc.; monitors and analyzes programme /project development and implementation with an aim to create greater awareness of the United Nations Global Compact Office across the African region and recruit additional participants for the initiatives; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions, including supporting the engagement of government representatives across the African region through facilitation of collaboration between Local Networks and the respective national and sub-national governments; liaises with relevant parties, including collaboration with Global Compact Networks across the African region, managing any issues related to governance or integrity in close collaboration with colleagues in the Global Compact Office in New York; ensures follow-up actions.
• Develops and delivers programmatic activities planned specifically for the African region; provides support to Global Compact Networks in delivering on global programmes.
• Performs consulting assignments, planning and facilitating workshops and delivering training and capacity building of Global Compact Networks across the African region.
• Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
• Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
• Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Performs other duties, as required.
• Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular corporate sustainability in the African region. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Knowledge of key trends related to corporate sustainability in the respective region. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan
own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, management, economics or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, business administration or a related area is required.
Experience in working with business and sustainability, the Ten Principles and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) within the African region is desirable.
Experience working within or together with the United Nations or other similar international organization, is desirable.
Experience managing strategic alliances is desirable.
Experience in resource mobilization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position fluency in English and French is required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Global Compact Office Programme Officer Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.