GIZ Technical Advisor on Gender and Youth CUSP Jobs in Uganda
GIZ Technical Advisor on Gender and Youth CUSP Jobs in Uganda The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has commissioned the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) with the Programme "Strengthening Governance and Civil Society in Uganda", co-funded by the European Union.
• The advisor on Gender and Youth will be responsible for Mainstreaming of Gender in all projects of CUSP and within the CUSP team Promoting needs of women, youth and minorities in all three components
• Advancement of a mentoring programme for women and youth The Technical Advisor on Gender and Youth performs the following
Strategic conceptual work:
• Elaborate a strategic alignment of the components to gender equality as a cross-cutting issue.
• Advise development of gender focussed organisations and women's associations and or networks.
• Develop institutional capacity development for CSO Partner Organisations in collaboration with other team members
• Advise and support youth and women leadership and mentorship programme
• Advise on strengthening CSO engagement with regards to gender and
• youth in different sectors (governance, water, energy and agriculture: sectors) on national and district level.
• Ensure gender mainstreaming within the CUSP team and cooperate with the GIZ advisor for HIV and gender mainstreaming in the country office
• Ensure timely and smooth communication between programme partners and within the programme.
• Support internal and external representation of the programme in:
• coordination with the line management. Close coordination within all relevant actors of the programme.
Administration and Reporting:
• Support programme activities, outputs and outcomes.
• Support the reporting according to EU standards.
• Contribute to M&E as well as reporting requirements.
• Take over administrative tasks for a smooth implementation of the programme.
• Other duties/additional tasks.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of line manager/ Management
• Master in a relevant field, preferably in Law, Political Science, Social Science, Development Studies, Gender Studies.
• Minimum of 7 years professional experience in gender and youth within civil society, relevant experience in the area of mentoring is an added asset.
• Accelerates processes through high motivation and experience.
• Experience from governmental structures and their interaction with the civil society.
• Experience from CSO networks and/or formal/informal participation processes is an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. .
• Ability to work under tight schedules and to multitask/fast-track appropriately.
• High level of integrity, honesty and professionalism.
• Supervisory, coaching, mentoring, monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Experience in qualitative and quantitative research, data collection and data analysis.
• Very good working knowledge of English (written and spoken);
• knowledge of German is an added value.
• Excellent people skills and ability to negotiate between different
• stakeholder groups. . Good communication, presentation and reporting skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Self-drive, creativity, and problem-solving capacity are required
• Able to work independent, responsible and target oriented.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by
Email: email@example.com Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 6 pages only.
Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs.
No other attachments are required at this stage.
Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 24 May 2020.
Please note that this is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place. Disclaimer: GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process.
This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.