GIZ Technical Advisor FAIR Forward - Artificial Intelligence Jobs in Uganda
GIZ Technical Advisor FAIR Forward - Artificial Intelligence Jobs in UgandaJob Details "FAIR Forward - Artificial Intelligence for All" is a new initiative of German Development Cooperation.
It strives for a more open, inclusive and sustainable approach to Al on an international level.
Its principal objective is to enhance key conditions in selected partner countries needed to trigger the development of local Al solutions.
These local Al solutions can then help to foster sustainable human development.
To achieve this, the initiative is working together with five partner countries: Ghana, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda and India.
To enhance key conditions for local Al, the initiative pursues the following three goals:
Strengthen Local Technical know-How on Al - Capacity Building
Remove Entry Barriers to Al - Access to Training Data and Al Technologies for Local Innovation
Develop Policy Frameworks Ready for Al - Ethical Al, Data Protection and Privacy.
In Uganda, the key focus lies on the second goal to improve access to training data and Al technology.
The cooperation is building on existing initiatives of German development cooperation.
This includes a cooperation with UN Global Pulse and the browser-company Mozilla.
GIZ is recruiting Advisor to support foster sustainable human development.
Technical Advisor FAIR Forward - Artificial Intelligence for All
The advisor shall be responsible for:
• Managing the development and implementation of project initiatives on "artificial intelligence for all" in Uganda
• Cooperating with a broad range of stakeholders on Al, mainly governmental partner institutions, the private sector and civil society organizations in Uganda
• Advising local partners on Al, machine learning and data governance in the areas of energy management and agriculture among others,
• Ensuring close cooperation between the FAIR Forward component and its local GIZ host project as well as the GIZ portfolio in Uganda.
The advisor shall perform tasks such as:
Management and Control
• Manage the development and implementation of project initiatives on artificial intelligence for all"
• Co-manage joint initiatives
• Advise local partners on Al, machine learning and data governance in the areas of energy management and agriculture among others, with
• Co-manage joint initiatives
• Advise local partners on Al, machine learning and data governance in the areas of energy management and agriculture among others, with a focus on natural language processing, demand forecasting and privacy Advise local stakeholders on topics related to open Al training data and technologies
• Manage meetings and events of the initiative in Uganda with other stakeholders and service providers (preparation, implementation, follow-up, information flow).
Coordination and strategic steering
• Setting up and steering of innovative pilots on "Access to Training Data and Al Technologies for Local Innovation
• Cooperate with a broad range of stakeholders on Al, mainly governmental partner institutions, the private sector and civil society organizations in Uganda
• Implement high-level negotiations with international and national companies and institutions of the global and local digital economy
• Support the management of subcontractors and supervision of events, consultancies and studies, and monitoring and evaluation of measures on Al in Uganda.
Reporting and communication
• Ensure knowledge transfer within the global implementing team of FAIR Forward and provide inputs for various project reports including annual reports
• Facilitate administrative and logistical procedures for activities in coordination with the GIZ administration team.
• Ensure close cooperation between the FAIR Forward component and its local GIZ host project as well as the GIZ portfolio in Uganda as well as the GIZ portfolio in Uganda
Other duties/additional tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of project management.
• Minimum requirement MA/MSc in computer sciences, data science, computer, software or electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, computational or quantitative social science, studies related to sustainable human development with a focus on digital topics, or other fields in an area related to the project objectives
• At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
• Professional experience in project management, preferably in a development cooperation context and in international contexts
• Professional experience in advisory services and in innovative event and project management
• Several years of professional experience in the area of artificial intelligence or data science or related fields such as data application for development (data4development)
• Preferably, work experience in policy advice on digital development / digital transformation with governmental partners or work experience in government related to digital topics.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative as a focal point while having a tight time schedule
• Team oriented, analytical and communicative skills, also in cross-country, cross-cultural teams
• Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English language; working knowledge of German is an advantage
• Very good working knowledge of digital technologies (Internet, software) and computer applications (e.g. Office Applications, virtual team platforms)
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed - corresponding measures are agreed with management
• Disciplined and punctual; willingness to keep deadlines.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; GIZ Technical Advisor FAIR Forward - Artificial Intelligence Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.