GIZ Project Manager Capacity Development for Health Professionals Jobs in Ethiopia
GIZ Project Manager Capacity Development for Health Professionals Jobs in EthiopiaJob descriptionIn the past years the Ethiopian Government has made tremendous progress in the management of biomedical equipment and therefore the provision of quality health services.
However, as quantity of health professionals has increased, the quality of training still needs improvement.
The project therefore supports the practical vocational training of biomedical technicians and nurses and advises the federal and regional Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science and Higher Education accordingly.
The focus lies on a pilot area in western Oromia region with three fields of intervention
improving the technical and didactical skills of teachers at selected vocational training colleges and a teaching hospital
strengthening a regional biomedical workshop;
supporting a national strategy for biomedical equipment management in the public health sector.
• Overall responsibility for the technical and administrative management, including budget planning and monitoring
• High quality of advisory services to the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education
• Technical and disciplinary supervision of an international team
• Planning, steering and monitoring of all project activities
• Initiating and strengthening cooperations with the private sector in the field of biomedical equipment and vocational training
• Identification and active acquisition of business opportunities of GIZ in the health sector
• Close collaboration with other GIZ programmes
• Master degree (or equivalent) in Medicine, Education, Health or Social Sciences; Additional qualification in Public Health is an asset
• Several years of professional experience and especially in development cooperation
• Proven experience in project management and supervision of intercultural teams
• Experience with managing and coordinating consulting components is an asset
• Confident in cooperating and working with political actors as well as in the civil society and private sector
• Excellent cooperation skills in the international context and high intercultural competence
• Proven advisory skills, very good communication and diplomatic skills at all levels
• Fluent in English; German is an asset
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; GIZ Project Manager Capacity Development for Health Professionals Jobs in Ethiopia
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.