GIZ Junior Advisor Jobs in Uganda
GIZ Junior Advisor Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsThe Natural Resources Stewardship Programme (NatuReS), funded by the European Union, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and UK Aid, is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ).
Naturess promotes multi-stakeholder collective action for more sustainable revetment of natural resources.
Natures aims to strengthen and support local public-private civil society partnerships to address shared natural resource threats, while capitalising on synergies/opportunities and improving stewardship at scale.
Put simply, stewardship is about taking care of a common resource that is important to everyone.
The Natures programme is supporting partner institutions from the public and private sector as well as civil society to strengthen collective action for water secure and pollution free urban areas in Greater Kampala Metropolitan Area (GKMA) and Gulu Municipality.
• Planning and coordination of partnership activities in Gulu and Greater Kampala Metropolitan Area (6KMA)
• Providing technical and logistical support to the Country Coordinator, Technical Advisors, contracted international consultants
• Carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of the partnerships
• Implementation of monitoring, communication and knowledge management activities.
• Planning and Coordination of Partnership activities Coordinating the formalization of planned partnerships with actors from the private and public sectors and civil society who are active in environment management, water resource management and solid waste management Formalization is through stakeholder analysis and engagement and Mou development
• Implementing activities in the Partnership Action Mans (PAI'S) of the partnerships. Activities include value chain analysis and value chain support, public-private partnership engagements, grant financing, policy analysis and development, behaviour change campaigns and capacity building of target audiences
• Being the programme focal point for partner organisations including Ministry of Water & Eenvironment, NIMA, KCCA, Gulu Municipality, private sector firms (Corporates & SMEs) and civil society actors
• Coordinating the missions of international consultants and providing in-country administrative support to the international consultants
• Planning, coordinating and documenting partnership and programme meetings, workshops and seminars that are conducted in GKMA and Gulu
• Communication, Monitoring and knowledge Management
• Supporting the monitoring of partnership activities by documenting activity outputs and outcomes, writing and filing project status reports and updating partnership data bases
• Supporting the development and dissemination of public relations materials (Fact sheets, e bulletins, e-news. etc) that promote the objectives of the partnerships and the Natures programme among relevant stakeholders
• Organising and maintaining partnership and programme manual and online knowledge management and documentation systems
Analysis and Research
• Support the conducting of relevant field and desk research and analysis of relevant partnership and programme information
• Performing administrative and logistical tasks as assigned by the Technical Advisors and Country Coordinator.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Other knowledge and additional competencies
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (eg MS Office, databases)
• Strong organisational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision. A self-starter.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in working with Government agencies or local government
• Previous experience with donor reporting, especially DFID, is an asset
• Openness to share information and knowledge ("excellent communicator")
• Team player in multi-cultural and inter-disciplinary team
• Excellent written and oral English skills
• Willingness to travel frequently to different regions within Uganda
• Ability to think "outside the box" regarding environmental solutions for the public and private sector
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed - correspondence measures are agreed with management.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
• University Education - Bachelor's Degree in technical sciences/ engineering (environmental science/ land use), social sciences (agriculture, economics, business administration), or related field
• At least 2 years of relevant professional working experience within the water and environment sector, strong relationship management and engagement skills as well as working experience in Public Private Partnerships
• Experience in working for Non-Governmental Organisations, International Organizations and/or Donor Agencies
Bachelor's Degree in technical sciences
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 6 pages only.
Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs.
No other attachments are required at this stage.
Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 10th April 2020.
Please note that this is a national position.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position.
GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place
GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process.
This recruitment is ONLY through future Options consulting Ltd.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.