GIZ Junior Administration Officer - Facilities and Services Jobs in Uganda
GIZ Junior Administration Officer - Facilities and Services Jobs in UgandaJob Details The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
GIZ is looking for a Junior Administration officer to support its Programmes.
The job holder is responsible for providing Administrative support to the Head of Facilities and Services.
The Junior Administration Officer within this context, s/he fulﬁls the following tasks;
Office facilities and services
• Manages updates and advises on immigration tracker including follow-up on renewals
• Prepares visa application letters and tax exemption and follow up with the respective Ministries.
• Prepares and updates Country Office inventory records.
• Monitors logs and reports faults on facilities/equipment and arrange their repairs.
• Conducts weekly checks of the logbooks of all Country Ofﬁce vehicles and monthly checks of the generator fuel consumption.
• Prepare mileage charges for private use of Country Office vehicles.
• Managing and updating tracker for all GIZ vehicles.
• Makes purchases of Country Office stationery
• Schedules trips for the Country Office drivers.
• Prepares materials to be used in workshops.
• Ensure services offered in the canteen is of agreed standard and accountability vouchers are submitted accordingly. Documentation
• Creates and/or updates paper and electronic ﬁles for the department ensuring easy retrieval of documents in line with GIZ ﬁling guidelines.
• Ensures conﬁdentiality of all department and expats’ personal documents (Visa application documents
• passports, certiﬁcates, e-mails, other official documents of applicants).
• Registers incoming documents/packages and distributes to the respective projects.
• Prepares documents for importation of Country Ofﬁce and supports in the import of private household goods consignments.
• Prepare documents for vehicle insurance claims and application for comprehensive insurance/ third party at GIZ Head Office.
Other duties/additional tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior.
Degree in Business Administration or any related ﬁeld
At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences
• Excellent command of MS-Office products.
• Very good written and oral knowledge of English
• Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with clients,
• Planning and organization skills
• Proactive and responsive
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email
firstname.lastname@example.org Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 4 pages only.
Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. No other attachments are required at this stage. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 26th June 2020.
We encourage women, people with disabilities consulting for future and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process.
This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.