GIZ Field Expert on Awareness Raising and Communication and on Land Tenure and Management in Uganda RELAPU-ILGU Jobs in Uganda
GIZ Field Expert on Awareness Raising and Communication and on Land Tenure and Management in Uganda RELAPU-ILGU Jobs in UgandaResponsibilitiesThe Field Expert on Capacity Development on Land Tenure is responsible for
• Identification of capacity building and training needs of relevant partners and stakeholders
• Organise and undertake trainings of field land use rights inventory teams
• Liaison with government and non-government partners involved in the land use rights inventory and certification process
• Assurance of compliance of procedures and regulations in line with Liaison with government and non-government partners involved in the land use rights inventory and certification process
• Assurance of compliance of procedures and regulations in line with the National Land Policy 2013, Land Act 1998 and Land regulations.
• Identification of available and experienced contractors or service providers
• Monitoring and evaluation of the quality and quantity of land inventories and other results delivered by the contractors
• Provision of technical and policy advice on Mailo land rights, conflict resolution processes, inventory activity efficiency, sustainability and overall project effectivenessIssuance of land inventory protocols and Certificates of Occupancy for tenants on private Mailo land Technical advice to partner organisations from local administrations, civil society organizations, traditional authorities, private investors and representatives on land management and land rights issues.
• Design of terms of reference, contract estimates, service requests and related documents for the procurement of contractors and service providers.
• Technical selection of project intervention areas.
• Supervision of deliverables from contractors including support in the preparation of performance certificates.
• Supervision of land surveying, inventory and land registration process to ensure quality of the results. Support to the Expert on Awareness Raising and Communication on campaigns and strategies for capacity building and sensitisation of the target population on land rights and land management.
• Support to the design and implementation of training courses.
• Support the data quality and assurance expert in the supervision of the quality production and handing out of land inventory protocols and Certificates of Occupancy.
• Active participation in and organisation of multi-stakeholder dialogues and other platforms on land management and VGGT application in the region.
• Enhance collaboration with other partners and projects working on lands issues.
• Ensure particular focus is given to rights of women and marginalized groups.
• Initiate and oversee the implementation of financial agreements with partner organisations supporting the Expert of monitoring and evaluation on results-based monitoring and the identification of knowledge products.
• Ensure regular reporting on project progress on output indicators, innovations and results or outcomes.
• Support the asset management especially of land inventory and user rights data management equipment.
• Mainstreaming gender sensitive approaches.
• Implementation of responsible land policy Organization of multi-stakeholder dialogues between civil society organizations, traditional authorities, private investors and representatives of the state on good land governance following the "Voluntary Guidelines on the Governance of Tenure" (VGGT) and Uganda National Land Policy, 2013. "Voluntary Guidelines on the Governance of Tenure" (VGGT) and the Uganda National Land Policy, 2013.
• Ensure close cooperation and coordination with the other components
of the RELAPU project and other GIZ projects and programs, as well as other land actors
• Support to conflict management and conflict resolution processes on conflicts arising in the course of land inventory procedures.
• Support to user rights data management and quality assurance.
• Support to the organization of field activity monitoring events by project partners, management and donor representatives,
• Representation of the project at partner and knowledge management events.
• Other duties and tasks at the request of project teamQualifications
• Degree in land management, land administration and land tenure, spatial planning, surveying, land economics, cartography or relevant field.
• Additional skills in results-based management, geographical information systems is an added advantage. Professional experience
• Minimum of 3 years' professional experience in land management and land rights in Uganda.
• Experience in the context of securing land rights of bona fide and lawful tenants on Mailo land.
• Experience in the utilization of Fit for Purpose technologies and approaches.
• Minimum of 3 years' professional experience in land surveying, inventory and land registration. Experience in conflict mediation and establishing of systematic conflict resolution structures.
• Experience in conflict mediation and establishing of systematic conflict resolution structures.
• Work experience in Mityana, Kassanda and Mubende or adjacent regions would be an asset.
• Very good knowledge of English and Luganda language.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and related software (GPS, GIS) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Strong understanding of cultural, socio-ethnical context in Central Uganda region.
• Experience on gender mainstreaming and results-based monitoring.
• Active, flexible, ethical and dynamic team player and excellent networker.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in an intercultural and multidisciplinary setting.
• Good writing skills.
• Excellent communication and coordination skills.
• Experience in workshop organisation or events management
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 4 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs.
No other attachments are required at this stage.
Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 31" May 2020.
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position.
GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process.
This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!