GIZ Administration Officer Jobs in Uganda
GIZ Administration Officer Jobs in Uganda The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BM) has commissioned the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusunimenarbeit (GIZ) with the Programme "Strengthening Governance and Civil Society in Uganda", co-funded by the European Union.
GIZ is now recruiting an Administration Officer to support the financial and logistical administration of the Strengthening Accountability Component (SAC) under the Strengthening Governance and Civil Society Programme (GCSP).
The Administration Officer is responsible for:
• Providing administrative services for the component.
• Meeting the administrative needs of the office independently, with minimum supervision,
• Ensuring that GIZ financial and administrative regulations are complied with
• Providing logistical support to project activities (workshops, trainings).
• Managing daily operations and project office facilities related to the office.
• Communicating with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office.
• Organising and preparation of events, meetings and activities related to the office in close collaboration with staff members of the component.
• Filing according to GIZ filing system
• Monitors the availability of accessories and stocks.
• Monthly calculating of fuel consumption for project vehicles.
• Responsible for organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (fieldwork, meetings, workshops, transport etc.).
• Supports the Technical Advisors in filing documents in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules.
• Photocopies and scans documents as assigned by Head of Component. Records and ensuring that all assets for the component are timely inventoried.
• Cross checks telephone bills and ensures private bills are declared. Procurement
• Maintains, carries out, and is responsible for local procurement (negotiates costs, prepares orders, inspects delivery etc.), including quotation procedures, according to GIZ guidelines.
• Supports the Technical Advisors to monitor contracts. Keeps database on suppliers and conducts regular search for alternatives
• Receives and checks delivered materials.
• Preparing financial documents (vouchers, receipts, invoices etc.) to be delivered to country office. Prepare for internal/ external controls and audits.
• Responsible for financial management such as: cash withdrawals, keeping the cash book, bank accounts, bank reconciliation, cash count and posting vouchers.
• Checking and calculating travel claims for both local and international official trips.
• Checks invoice, delivery receipts and other papers and sign them/submit them for payment.
• Other duties/additional tasks
• Other duties and tasks in the framework of SAC at the request of management Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required, Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
• University degree in Business Administration and/or a related field. Professional experience, Other knowledge and additional competences
• At least 5 years' professional experience in a comparable position
• Working experience for GIZ and knowledge of GIZ procedures, processes, rules and standards is an added advantage.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email:
Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 6 pages only.
Please include the names and contacts of three references in the CVs.
No other attachments are required at this stage.
Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line Ref. No: GIZ SAC/IPO/031120 .
Applications should be received by 5.00 pm on the 29th March 2020.
Please note that this is a national position.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position.
GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.