Girl Effect Strategic Project Coordinator, Create Jobs in Kenya
Girl Effect Strategic Project Coordinator, Create Jobs in Kenya
Who we are Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
In the coming months, Girl Effect has an ambitious roadmap of launching large media campaigns, testing new digital innovations, and piloting entirely new programs across our markets in Africa and South Asia. The Global Create team is responsible for creating life-changing experiences for girls and will drive many of these projects by coordinating across a diverse network of writers, designers, researchers and technologists.
Your role would be to support the Create team in achieving its aims and strategic objectives. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated problem solver who is excited to work with a multi-disciplinary and high performing team.
What you will do
● Attend all meetings of Create, noting new tasks that arise and ensuring that they are prioritised and assigned to the right person, with agreed-upon timelines that you check up on.
● Assist in the management of incoming creative briefs and requests by assessing the urgency and importance of the requests, building a pipeline of work and helping in resourcing the team towards briefs and projects.
● Regularly review the objectives and key indicators of the Create team and flag potential issues or delays, working with the Head of Create to troubleshoot where necessary.
● The Create team maintains and develops Girl Effect’s technology infrastructure, the underlying platform that supports all our girl-facing digital products and tools. You will be assisting on key innovations in AI development by supporting the technology team to coordinate across a wide network of technology partners.
● We will be developing a new digital application to equip young women with the tools to convene groups of girls together to participate in club activities. You will be supporting the Create team to work with our country offices and human-centred design agency by coordinating and facilitating meetings, preparing agendas, taking notes, and convening stakeholders as necessary.
Content & Brand Strategy
● The Create team is currently auditing its creative practices and meeting with external experts and leaders in the space of content
and brand development. By working closely with our Creative Strategy and Content Lead you will be supporting this work by preparing briefing notes ahead of important meetings, outlining what we know about their background, booking and scheduling meetings and note-taking.
Create Team Coordination
● Manage the Create channel on Slack, posting and curating stories, drawn from your online research, that inspire and challenge members of the Create team. Take note of any news or environmental changes in our markets that might affect our programs, teams, and future work and ensure the team is up to date on these channels.
● Help coordinate the Create team rituals both global and with our local Create teams. Prepare for these meetings beforehand, setting up agendas, facilitating them and taking note of actions.
● Suggest new tools, systems and processes that could improve coordination and communication for our teams (is there a new Slack plugin we should be using? Is there a new presentation tool we should try out?)
● Help tell the story of Create finding and capturing communication moments of Create’s success and learnings to share with the wider Girl Effect team and leadership.
Who you are
● A curious and enthusiastic learner who loves to dive into a topic to learn as much as you can as quickly as you can.
● A strong communicator and confident writer who strives for clarity and simplicity.
● A visually sensitive person who is able to provide helpful creative feedback or to construct intelligently organised slides and documents with a clear hierarchy.
● An organiser who enjoys getting things done and making sure others do the same.
● A critical thinker and proactive problem solver.
● A fan of pop culture who tracks trends in digital technologies and media.
● Committed to our mission to inspire and equip girls to make life-changing decisions.
Minimum experience required
● Bachelor's degree.
● 2+ years full-time work experience with project management responsibilities.
● Experience working in the media, design or non-profit sectors.
● Experience working with clients or external stakeholders is a plus.
● Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia, even multiple countries in these regions, is highly desirable.
● Experience or a willingness to get experienced fairly quickly with our internal tools including Google docs, Slack, Trello and Miro.
● Solid presentation skills that extend across Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides.
● Comfort and basic proficiency using content management systems.
● Proficiency in Swahili, Hindi or French would be a plus.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Girl Effect Strategic Project Coordinator, Create Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.