General Manager (Internal Audit) Jobs in Kenya
General Manager (Internal Audit) Jobs in Kenya
Job Description Reporting to the Managing Trustee, the General Manager (Internal Audit) will be responsible for evaluating and providing reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
• Participate in Reviewing the Internal Audit policy for approval by the Audit Committee and Board Audit Committee for approval by the Board for implementation;
• Reviewing and coordinating the investigations in the Fund based on audit findings or as directed by the Board Committee;
• Implementing the annual audit plan through execution of financial, compliance reviews, value for money and performance audit reviews for various Directorates of the Corporation;
• Coordinating the planning and execution of the audits to assess internal controls, operational, technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations;
• Advising senior management on key audit issues and recommendations through exit meetings;
• Ensuring that the internal controls are reviewed and documented on their effectiveness and adequacy;
• Driving operational improvements throughout the organization to improve overall efficiencies and enhance internal controls;
• Preparing and submitting audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board;
• Liaising with the Auditor General Office and ensure follow up on the process of implementation of Internal and external audit recommendations;
• Providing assurance to the Board on the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management framework meetings of Stakeholders, Management and Board as necessary;
• Review the business processes and ensure that internal control systems are adequate;
• Provide inputs for improvements in internal control systems, processes, avenues for cost savings and revenue leakages;
• Oversee reports on risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the management and provides recommendations for improving the organization’s operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance;
• Prepare risk based Internal Audit plan and execute the Audits as per the plan with proper resource utilization and within timeframe; and
• Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures.
Job Requirements /Specifications:
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience with at least five (5) years’ experience at senior management role;
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Commerce, or any other discipline from a recognized university;
• Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting,
Economics, Commerce or any other related discipline from a recognized university;
• Professional qualification such as CPA(K), CIA, CISA, ACCA, CFA, CIFA, or equivalent;
• Must be a member of IIA, ISACA or ICPA(K) in good standing;
• Have knowledge and a clear understanding of social security/administration of pension schemes; and
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of local, national and international policies and regulatory frameworks governing the social security/pensions sector.
• Excellent understanding of international financial reporting standards (IFRS);
• Excellent grasp of financial and management accounting; taxation and relevant legislation;
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, as well as the analysis and reporting of financial data;
• Working knowledge of strategic planning concepts;
• Good understanding of pension scheme related regulations;
• Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource management, strategy implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation;
• Risk awareness and focus;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Strong leadership and people management skills;
• Strong business acumen;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to build alliances and relationships with the right level of sensitivity to diversity; and
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
How to Apply
Send your application, Curriculum Vitae and copies of your certificates and testimonials by hand/Courier and email to the address below in an envelope that is clearly marked GENERAL MANAGER, indicating the position you are applying for or drop your application to the Managing Trustee's Office, Social Security House, Bishops Road, Block 'A', Western Wing, 3rd Floor.
Board of Trustees
National Social Security Fund
P.O. Box 30599-00100
All application must be received on or before 15th January, 2022
Nssf Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons Living With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.