G4S Expression of Interest - Planner Jobs in South Africa
G4S Expression of Interest - Planner Jobs in South Africa
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Planner in Marble Hall.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role which Security plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organization
assist the Branch Manager by maintaining effective planning and co-ordinations of operations in Cash In Transit and to ensure and maintain effective planning procedures within Cash Solutions.
Key Performance Areas:
Responsible and accountable for effective Planning and Co-coordinating of operations
• Plan routing and scheduling activities.
• Prepare the daily duty lists by allocating a vehicle, driver and crew of each of the schedules to be carried out on that day.
• Manage, conduct briefing and de-briefing of crew.
• Manage and monitor driver and crew overtime.
• Ensure drivers, crews and custodians are dress neatly and have the required protective equipment.
• Monitor and control of casual services to be performed.
• Ensure written confirmation received from clients.
• Confirm price of service with sales.
• Enter service into “Casual Service Book”.
• Complete “Casual Service Advice” and hand to Controller to carry out service.
• Ensure client is invoiced on completion of service and enter invoice number into “Casual Service Book”.
• Investigate and follow up on service queries, complaints and client calls.
• Visit clients premises with sales staff.
• Liaise with Sales, Operations and Administration to resolve queries.
• Ensure follow up is confirmed with client.
• Perform Controllers duties as a relief function, as and when required to.
• High risk schedules must be identified and assigned to the best available vehicles to facilitate maximum protection, arrange backup if required.
• Check and sign off all control room occurrence books daily and ensure any failed services from the day before are actioned timeously by the radio controller on shift.
• Manage the route plan of each vehicle and determine the most economical route.
• Administer the client code to Sales Department and other relevant departments based on new contracts and planned schedules.
• Handle all customer queries related to planned schedules.
• Allocate necessary resources for execution of the plan based on persons competencies.
• Liaise with Cash Centres in banks re clearance for following day.
• Plan the bulk banking vehicles every morning for the same day.
• Plan ahead for all public holidays and holiday period disruptions.
• Send questionnaires to clients requesting details of specific service requirements during these periods.
• Enter service details into “holiday book” as a control to ensure that service is carried out.
• Liaise with Planners/Controllers of other branches on services to be performed by more than one branch.
• Advise Counting House and Box Room of changes to services over the holiday
• Draw up schedule of additional services to be performed and attached to “Daily Vehicle Schedules”.
Reports and Registers
• Manage the control room reports and records (daily, weekly and monthly).
• Prepare day off roosters for road crew’s.
• Manage controller’s shifts.
• Record all discrepancies in respect of customers order.
• Manage the recording of all incidents (accident and robberies).
• Prepare weekly schedule of all vehicles to be serviced or requiring COF tests.
Manage scanning and tracking system (E-Viper)
• Load new customers onto E-Viper system.
• Manage all customer movements on E-Viper system to include terminations.
• Record planned schedules on E-Viper and continuously amend on a daily basis.
Management and Supervision of staff
• Ensure that all staff are trained on standard operating procedure and policies relevant to their role (specific to route planning and procedures).
• Supervise all crew, driver and controllers and ensure that all job functions in respect of proper planning are correctly carried out, report back on findings.
• Report to HR Administration any absenteeism and leave to effectively allocate necessary human resources.
• Prepare disciplinary if required.
Mix Telematics and Easy Roster
• Ensure all vehicles are being monitored and all equipment is in working order.
• Drivers are issued with driver tags.
• Manage staff attendance with Easy Roster.
Health and Safety
• Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
• Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks.
• Report all safety incidents to the relevant people.
• Discuss all safety incidents.
• Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management.
• Attend safety education and refresher programmes.
• Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace.
• Distribute safety information as and when required.
• Wear protective clothing all the time.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Grade 12
• Driver’s License
• PSIRA Registration
• Firearm Licence
• Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures.
• South African security legislation
• G4S HR Policy and procedures
• G4S Ethics Policy
• Computer literate - ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word.
• Communication (written and verbal)
• Strong planning and route mapping skills.
• Customer complaints.
• Awareness of the market
• Delivering strategy
• Driving change
• Leading People
• Delivering Performance
• Working with Complexity
• Managing Professionally
• Customer thinking
• Collaborating and Co-operating.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; G4S Expression of Interest - Planner Jobs in South Africa
Find daily jobs in South Africa. Jobs - South Africa jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South African job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Africa.
Jobs in South Africa - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Africa.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Africa posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.