FQM H.E.R Fitter Jobs in Zambia
FQM H.E.R Fitter Jobs in Zambia
Job Details: The position exists to carry out troubleshooting and repairs on the fleet of Haul Trucks according to OEM specifications and standards. Responsible to execute both planned and unplanned maintenance work activities on a shift by shift basis safely and effectively. The shift Artisan will perform maintenance activities in a safe and effective manner with the aim of delivering results that meet quality standards and company expectations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out equipment inspections and ensure corrective work is identified before it becomes a breakdown.
• Ensure that sufficient information is captured to perform or plan the corrective task by using the work request and or defect notice request process.
• Ensure identified work is prioritized according to the potential risk to HSE & equipment availability.
• Discuss with the off-going or on coming crew potential safety hazards and issues, ongoing work from previous shifts, progress of the mining plans and status of work in the schedule.
• Ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the job.
• Collect all required tools and equipment prior to commencing the job to promote efficient maintenance practices.
• Adhere to all site and company requirements for the use of permits, risk assessments, Isolations and risk management.
• Test & commission the machine to ensure all maintenance activities were effective and the machine is returned in a fit for purpose condition.
Record Work & Job Completion
• Complete all maintenance documentation (Work orders, PM sheets, inspection sheets etc…) in full and to the required standard ensuring that all relevant information relating to the task is completed.
• Clean and tag components requiring repair or core return.
• Parts not required returned back into stock.
• Report broken, damaged or missing tooling.
• Ensure all work areas are well maintained and housekeeping standards are adhered to
• Participate in on & off the job training and learning opportunities.
• Demonstrate interest and wiliness in all equipment and company goals.
• Participate and contribute to safety and improvement initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant trade or role required experience.
• Hold relevant artisan certification in electrical, mechanical or similar.
• Minimum 5 years experience in Komatsu trucks HD1500, HD785-7, 860E and 960E.
• Where appropriate, hold valid driver's licence
Key Job Attributes
• The ability work within a group in a challenging
and geographically remote environment.
• Sound problem solving skills.
• Satisfactory oral communication skills in English.
Contribute to the management of Health and Safety by;
• Participate in the identification of significant Health and safety risks and impacts including those related to identified applicable legislation.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of plans/controls to mitigate significant health and safety risks in your Section.
• Participate in the effective management of health and safety risks in your work area.
• Ensure that incidents related to health, safety or the environment are reported.
• Ensure compliance with the health and safety programs in your Section.
• Attend regular safety meetings.
• Comply with maintenance plans including relevant up to date SOP's where they are developed and available.
• Actively promote continuous improvement in safety behavior.
• Conduct informal safety inspections of your work area.
• Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism.
• Possesses good organizational skills.
• Good oriented person,
• Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
• Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
• Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
• Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
• Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
• Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
• The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
• Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
• Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; FQM H.E.R Fitter Jobs in Zambia
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.