FQM Auto – Electrician Jobs in Zambia
FQM Auto – Electrician Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role: Reporting to the Electrical Shift Supervisor, the position is responsible for assisting in implementation of preventive and responsive electrical maintenance of auto-electrical systems in the mining area, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to the company’s planned and preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Respond to unplanned breakdowns when on duty timeously.
• Effectively maintain and repair electrical systems on diesel propelled mining equipment.
• Report all safety incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
• Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools and company property within your section.
• Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
• Any other duties as directed by the Electrical Shift Supervisor.
Key Job Attributes
• Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
• Possesses good organizational skills
• Identify repairs required via unfair wear and tear, and advise the shift supervisor.
• Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
• Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
• Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
• Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
• Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
• Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
• The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
• Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal,
written and oral communication skills in English.
• Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
• Full grade twelve (12) certificate
• Craft Certificate/ Diploma in Automotive Engineering with a Specialization in Auto-Electricity
• Valid Driver’s license
• Knowledge in Basic First Aid and Basic Health and Safety
• Excellent team building, organization and communication skills
• At least 5 years’ working experience in heavy equipment operations preferably in the mining environment.
• Proven experience in maintenance of mining industry diesel propelled ancillary mobile equipment and/or drills including dozers, excavators, wheel dozers, service trucks, and wheel loaders.
• Experience in maintenance of diesel propelled drills such as Sandvik
• Experience in some or all of the following machines: Volvo AF40 series; Komatsu D375, D475, HD1500, HD758, WA300, WA600, WD500 and WD900 series; Liebherr 9100 and 9250 series.
Job Specific Competencies
• Demonstrated application of continuous improvement principles.
• Demonstrated ability to work safely and improve team safety awareness.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
• Can demonstrate understanding of mobile equipment electrical circuit analysis, troubleshooting, installation and repair.
• Proven ability to maintain, repair, wire, and install auto electrical components including electrical harnesses, starter motors, alternators, valves, solenoids.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; FQM Procurement Officer Jobs in Zambia
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.