First Quantum Procurement Superintendent – Mobile Warehouse Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Procurement Superintendent – Mobile Warehouse Jobs in Zambia Job Description:Purpose of the Role: The position of the Procurement Superintendent whilst working closely with the Commercial Manager and other senior operations managers, hold the responsibility of procuring goods required by the business in an ethical and commercially viable way with strong focus on internal customer satisfaction
The Superintendent will engage business planning, procurement control, negotiation, risk management, project management, financial management and employee management
The Superintendent will be required to ensure that all supply activities are carried out in accordance with Group and Site policy and procedures as well as complying with the relevant statutory requirements. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
• Manage the team responsible for procurement including execute, monitor and approve day to day ordering for stock and non-stock goods in a timely fashion, ensuring compliance to Company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for procurement of reagents/chemicals as well as parts and spares for fixed plant and general goods.
• Coordinate and chair meetings with key end user groups and management
• Focus on urgent orders and expediting
• Focus on ABC classification and ensure critical stock reorder points are evaluated and prioritised regularly
• Develop lead and execute procurement strategies
• Designing and analysing reports to assess key functional matrices to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
• Assess, manage and mitigate risks
• Ensure all information from other areas are fed into procurement systems such as FPA’s SLA’s and consignment contracts
• Document policies and procedures for implementation
• End user and vendor liaison
• Focus on systems improvement and business process efficiencies
• Set performance management KPI’s, conduct regular reviews with employees and give feedback.
• Training developing and performance monitoring activities of warehouse staff
• Responsible for supervising and appraising subordinates in the warehouse
• Determining work procedures, preparing work schedules and expediting workflows
• Creating, publishing and improving of standard working procedures/work instructions
• Negotiate agreements with suppliers and maintain strong business relationships with them
• Develop purchasing policies and manage the related budget
• Plan procurement needs
• Develop an inventory reduction strategy
• Participate in the implementation of sustainable development policies and procedures
• Motivate the employees and ensure that all the incoming requisition are carried out in compliance with procurement procedures and guidelines
• Develop and improve sourcing strategy
• Prepare and manage the section budget
• To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to FQM’s health and safety and environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment
• Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Self-motivated and able to motivate others
• Able to prioritize work and respond to changing circumstances and demands with a strong focus on time management
Key Job Attributes:
• Reliable and prepared to exercise initiative
• Ability to perform under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
• Able to communicate with all employees at all levels in the organization
• Cooperative attitude
• Ability to resolve conflicts and problems
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least 10 years’ progressive experience with a minimum of 5 years in a key supply chain leadership role
• Sound background in commerce, logistics and procurement operations with awareness of local and international markets.
• Mining industry experience will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management
• Excellent communication skills
• Microsoft Office
• A basic understanding of accounting principles
• A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Business or related field
• Must be a member of ZIPS and CIPS at level 6 proficiency (MCIPS)
• Tertiary qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Must preferably have a strong working knowledge of PRONTO
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; First Quantum Procurement Superintendent – Mobile Warehouse Jobs in Zambia
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.