Fintech Head of Operations Jobs in Ghana
Fintech Head of Operations Jobs in Ghana
Job Details: The Jobholder will contribute to the achievement of sustainable growth and enhanced stakeholder value of Brassica Pay by leading, driving and championing Brassica’s operations function; relating to central operations, customer operations and card operations.
Critical to the role is the ability to create processes from scratch and drive card operations in a fast-paced environment, interpret large amounts of data for insights in strategic decision-making and manage stakeholder engagements.
You will also be responsible for facilitating the build work for card issuing and merchant acquiring systems and leading operational execution.
• Lead the Design, Development and update of Brassicas’ Operations Manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures. You are also responsible for re-engineering business processes to improve customer service, cost effectiveness and controls.
• Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulate action plans to minimize Brassica’s exposure to fraud and losses.
• Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls and improve service quality.
• Provide input into the development of our Card Management System from an operations perspective. This includes mapping out, managing/tracking the Card Issuing requirements, Preparing UAT test cases and managing UAT execution for the card Issuing system.
• You will provide oversight for all card processes including but not limited to: Handling of Chargebacks/Disputed transactions, transaction rejects / Merchant queries, Merchant blocking, Scheme reporting, Scheme rejects & Card Reconciliation, Merchant Reconciliation, Card Settlement and Merchant Settlement (liaise with the Finance Team when necessary).
• Act as a point of escalation to resolve customer, internal and/or external queries relating to cards operations in a timely manner and in line with service levels.
• Build and maintain relationships with card schemes and customer service teams to ensure the service provided is of a high standard and making recommendations to improve services on an ongoing basis.
• Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of Schemes rules, AML, KYC, Fraud, banking
sanctions and FCA regulations to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds fully complies at all times within these rules and guidelines.
• Produce any reports and management information on an as needed basis.
• Establish an overall control of performance measurement within the unit, to ensure and focus on excellent customer service.
Required Skills or Experience
• Bachelor's degree; and MBA is a plus. (Banking, Finance or related area)
• 3 to 5 years of relevant Card Operations experience.
• Certification in Card Services is desirable.
• You have experience with Card systems and have worked in Card Operations or Card center.
• Strong Project Management Skills.
• In depth knowledge of both local and international card business and regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of all of the products and services of Card and Merchant businesses in Ghana.
• In-depth knowledge of the Money Laundering policy and UN sanctions lists, KYC and other country specific legislation that may apply.
• Knowledge of the accounting processes and systems.
• Contacts within the Schemes and Ghipps is desirable.
Competencies Required (Skills & Abilities)
• You are a driven to win, competitive and intellectually curious individual
• You are flexible, passionate and a team player.
• You are a self-starter and have a deep passion for this field.
• Track record of frequent personal interactions with customers.
• Good people management skills.
• Ability to translate regulatory requirements into operational plans and actions.
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Investment Firm Knowledge Officer Jobs in Ghana
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.