FHI 360 Senior Diagnostic and Health Security Advisor Jobs in Kenya
FHI 360 Senior Diagnostic and Health Security Advisor Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsFHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Senior Diagnostic and Health Security Advisor (SDHSA) will provide leadership, and technical oversight to support implementation of diagnostics systems capacity building work for an anticipated CDC Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Grant for East and Central Africa.
The project will support GHSA through implementation of programs and activities that focus on preventing and improving health globally through partnerships to advance the prevention, detection, and response to mitigate threats from infectious diseases of international concern.
The project has the following general objectives
The SDHSA DA provides technical support to the design, implementation and monitoring of technical strategies to strengthen diagnostic networks that provide comprehensive coverage and universal access to diagnostic services.
This will include diagnostic network and facilities assessments, capacity building initiatives of both human and animal diagnostic networks, and implementation of strategies, programs or tools to support diagnostic network capacity building in support of the GHSA.
• Leads the development and implementation of technical assistance, diagnostic network and facility strengthening and quality improvement interventions in line with joint external evaluation (JEE) reports, country national action and strategic plans, and other assessment reports
• Leads the development of country-specific workplans and budgets for diagnostic network activities aligned with national action plans and local stakeholder improvement goals.
• Leads the implementation of diagnostic network enhancement activities in countries which may include capacity building activities for core diagnostic components such as specimen referral mechanisms, quality management systems, supply chain, management information systems, diagnostic SOPs and tools, qualified workforce, expansion of point-of-care diagnostic service points, and biosafety and biosecurity.
• Leads and implements country and regional strategies for south-to-south technical assistance and sharing of knowledge, experience, resources, and lessons learned.
• Support the establishment and implementation of country and regional strategies to enhance diagnostic networks to mitigate complex emerging infectious disease threats.
• Supports country diagnostic staff to strengthen biosafety and biosecurity through updates to national strategies and guidelines, locally adapted SOPs, mentorship, and training.
• Collaborates with country diagnostic leaders to establish and test systems to detect and respond to emerging infectious threats.
• Leads reporting of diagnostic network strengthening activities.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of an MSc in clinical diagnostics with a focus on microbiology or an international equivalent.
• 8-11 years of experience (combination of long-term in-country placement and short-term technical assistance) in the oversight and implementation of diagnostics strengthening in developing countries in Africa (East and/or Central Africa preferred) with a focus on GHSA priority pathogens and concerns.
• Proven knowledge and experience in the diagnosis of infectious diseases and anti-microbial resistance including specific hands-on clinical and/or veterinary diagnostics experience.
• Competent in current developments in the diagnosis of infectious diseases including point-of-care and molecular methods.
• A demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative projects;
• Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that span multiple countries.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
• Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
• Ability to build teams, recognize, acquire and retain talents.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; FHI 360 Senior Diagnostic and Health Security Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.