FHI 360 Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda
FHI 360 Procurement Officer Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsFHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions USAID's Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity is a 5-year Cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development Mission in Uganda (USAID/Uganda) and FHI 360.
The aim of this award is to strengthen Government performance in implementing Strategies to improve MCHN outcomes. The two result areas are; MCHN service delivery improved and Capacity for MCHN "good" governance increased.
Develop, plan and manage policies and strategies related to procuring supplies and services in accordance with FHI 360, USAID and other donor policy) in support of all FHI 360 offices and projects at Country Office (CO) and Field Offices, both domestic and international sourcing. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the negotiation of contract terms on a range of procurements and monitor delivery of exact specifications
• With the Country Lead, develop policy and systems for FHI 360 procurement at CO and Field office level, identifying what is procured locally and what internationally
• Plan, coordinate and manage the central procurement activities of FHI 360 with CO and Field Offices, including storage and delivery.
• Train staff in procurement rules and processes and record keeping
• Monitor procurement processes and compliance with FHI 360 procedures at CO and field level.
• Implement sourcing strategies to support corporate and district objectives, providing FHI 360 competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies, and services.
• With the Country Lead, develop new or improved purchasing procedures to maintain economy and efficiency of FHI 360 operations.
• Prepare specifications, compare bids received and present recommendations on purchases to management.
• Develop contracting arrangements, in liaison with Contracts and Grants, with selected vendors which meet FHI 360's standards on quality assurance
• Ensure that all procurement in FHI 360 is carried out in a timely and efficient manner and in compliance with FHI 360's value for money and transparency and donor guidelines/regulations on procurement.
• Adhere to all FHI 360 required procurement budgets, FHI 360 and donor purchasing guidelines, policies and controls on procurement.
• Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and performance delivery.
• Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process
• Undertake tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of CO and Field Offices procurement.
• Coordinate formal bids and request for proposals (RFPs).
• Review and assist in the development of specifications, terms and schedules. 17. Prepare specifications, compare bids received and present recommendations on purchases to management
• Manage and maintain an Up to date and accurate procurement tracker for FHI 360 Uganda Country Office
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
• Ability to research and evaluate technical proposal and make appropriate recommendation,
• Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment
• Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures
• Technical understanding of office and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
• Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
• Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely
• Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
• Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
Qualifications and requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics with 5 - 7 years of relevant procurement experience.
• Or MS/MA Degree in a relevant field with 3-5 years relevant procurement experience.
• Professional qualification in Procurement such as CIPS
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in procurement
• Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is required.
• Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage
Master's Degree/ Bachelor's Degree
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; FHI 360 Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.