FHI 360 Multi-sectoral Nutrition Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
FHI 360 Multi-sectoral Nutrition Coordinator Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsFHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions USAID's Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity is a 5-year Cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development Mission in Uganda (USAID/Uganda) and FHI 360.
The aim of this award is to strengthen Government performance in implementing Strategies to improve MCHN outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Technical Director Nutrition, working closely with the Activity leads and technical officers, and OPM, the MSN coordinator shall:
Serve as the USAID MCHN Activity point person for the MSN and at department of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at the Office of the Prime Minster, the department responsible for the coordination of implementation of UNAPII at national and Local Government Levels.
Support department of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at OPM towards coordination of MSN activities at national level.
Liaise with OPM to support
• Regular MSN coordination meetings
• Implementation of strategy for strengthening functionality of MSN in Kampala Capital City Authority (KCNCC) and the five divisions (DiNCCs) in accordance with the UNAP II SOP.
• Orientation of partners, sectors on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for UNAP coordination Structures and Nutrition Governance using approved OPM SOPs and Nutrition Governance Manuals.
• Organization and formation of SUN Networks of CSOs institutions and Academia network as per OPM SOPs
• Organization of national and subnational level MSN events
• Build capacity of Sector Nutrition Coordination committees in adaptive leadership at national and subnational levels for improved MSN governance
Liaise with USAID IPs and other IPs to strengthen the local governments DNCC functionality.
Liaise with USAID MCHN M&E department to support the use of data to analyse performance, facilitate learning, improve nutrition governance pillars at national and subnational levels based on the UNAPII MEAL framework indicators of the Nutrition Governance objective.
Liaise with the USAID MCHN Knowledge Manager to
• Establish and supervise the national and subnational level information sharing platform and documentation of the experiences and lessons learnt under the MSN Platform:
• Foster and support use of program experiences and lessons learnt for continuous quality improvement.
• Support the USAID IPs establish/strengthen regional level learning platforms and build capacity of DNCCs to manage the learning.
• Ensure sharing of state of evidence of SNCC, KCCA-NCC and KCCA DiNCC and best practices
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relations with different stakeholders.
• Ability to interact with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients of all demographics and professional levels.
• Ability to multi-task and work unsupervised, managing extensive travels and logistical arrangements.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills, knowledge of basic office and bookkeeping software.
• Proven facilitation skills and ability to disseminate lessons learned effectively
• Ability to gain credibility with the OPM, and MSN Stakeholders
• Working conditions including Travel and Overtime.
• Ability to travel up to 60 % of the time
• A Master’s Degree in Management studies, Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management (is an added advantage), with a BSC in Biological Sciences Preferably in Human Nutrition
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coordination of complex and multi-sectors
• Proven knowledge and practical experience of working with the local government/district structures in Uganda.
• Knowledge of the decentralization and Local Government structures and operations
• Understanding of the UNAP, Implementation and coordination framework.
• Proven in Nutrition Governance, Policy and programming frameworks in Uganda
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; FHI 360 Multi-sectoral Nutrition Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.