FHI 360 Logistics Specialist Jobs in Kenya
FHI 360 Logistics Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Job Details: This position will help Crisis Response build its capacity in logistics and supply chain. The specialist will be responsible for backstopping CR programs in the field and deploying to set up new projects in new CR countries.
Oversees the supply chain, logistics and support services provision in support of humanitarian efforts globally. Manages logistics planning, customs clearance, warehousing, in country transport and distribution, as well as monitoring of logistics. Liaise across departments, set-ups and maintains collaborative relationships and seek partnerships to adapt, test and integrate policies and procedures for humanitarian programs.
Serve as a central hub for all supply chain and support services tasks and issues, aligns approaches across all humanitarian program operations and makes recommendations for improvements, adjustments and strategic initiatives. Serve as an integral part of the start-up team and operations, conducts and contributes to the initial country assessment, identifies and/or supports expansion of the on-the-ground support services and needs, leads on global and in-country procurement and logistics.
• Manages the development and analysis of modeling projects and initiatives, including a resource dedicated to these activities.
• Supports business development by providing technical advice to field managers and the corporate procurement department staff, sharing information on the assessments and proposed interventions, providing overviews of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
• Provides cross training to project managers and other staff on warehouse and supply chain procedures to enable monitoring and spot checking of remote warehouses and stock points.
• Responsible for tactical and day to day logistical operations associated with start-up needs of the project between headquarters, regional and country offices.
• Advises or/as when necessary develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints.
• Advises or when necessary, develops comprehensive project plans in the execution of the set-up of new offices or to fill in for/complement staffing on existing projects.
• Develop standard protocols for essential operations and supply chain processes, including procurement requisition, warehouse management, logistics and commodity dispatch. Liaises with relevant stakeholders and leads (as necessary) establishment of international and in-country pharmaceutical and medical equipment supply-chains, including importation, handling, and dispatch to field.
• Provides planning support and advice to project managers and others, to identify optimum supply routes and establish the logistic project plan in alignment with project activity plans and timelines.
• Plans, develops training material and rolls it out as required with support from corporate staff. In conjunction with Associate Technical Director, OCIA and other relevant internal stakeholders, develops and implements anti-fraud procedures and follow up to identified risks and compliance issues.
• Develops and contextualizes SOPs and develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Troubleshoots operational issues and serves as a one stop shot for country/project staff to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
• In close collaboration with senior management identifies, establishes and manages facilities in emergencies (e.g. office, residence, warehousing, and other critical infrastructure, transportation requirements, fleet allocation and maintenance).
• During the start-up process, supports on the ground team (directly or virtually) and/or establishes and maintains asset registry at headquarters (HQ) and the field, including equipment allocation & maintenance, and dispose of assets in accordance with donor regulations.
• Ensure logistic and procurement activities are properly documented and fully adhere to US Government (USG) export compliance as well as destination country importation & customs regulations and relevant protocols.
• Collaborates with HQ support departments to identify operations and administration process bottlenecks and develop solutions appropriate for humanitarian operations.
• Determines field operating costs and manage budget allocated to operations and logistics, including expense forecast
and pipeline analysis.
• Identifies staffing requirements and supervise operations & logistics personnel while on deployment.
• Acts as security focal point as required, including management of staff safety and movement protocols, management of 3rd party security providers, and development of security standard operating procedures for humanitarian operations in close collaboration with relevant regional staff.
• Performs other duties assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• In-depth knowledge of humanitarian procurement, budgeting, and supply chain management best practices.
• Working proficiency with relevant USAID/OFDA policies and regulations.
• Capable negotiator, with significant and geographically varied experience establishing contracts, managing vendors, and ensuring products/services are delivered per specifications.
• Knowledge of international donor procurement regulations essential; familiarity with fraud detection and investigation techniques desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written English skills required.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to maintain effective relationships with partners, clients and staff, and to maintain a high degree of responsiveness and professionalism in those interactions.
• Ability to identify, interpret, and address informational problems and articulate solutions
Problem Solving & Impact:
• Works on problems of moderate to complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
• Resolves moderate to complex multi-sector issues affecting the business operations of the Business Unit; and facilitates better interaction and cooperation between the Business Unit and enterprise services departments.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, and techniques for obtaining results.
• Understanding that decisions made generally affect a department’s operations and may impact overall business activities.
• Sets goals and budgets, in conjunction with department leadership, develops and implements procedures, and trains staff to achieve results.
• Develops and recommends solutions to management to meet internal and external needs of the company.
• Typically reports to a Director.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business Administration or a Relate Field.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the area(s) of logistics, operations, and/or project management for a non-profit organization of medium to large scale.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant field experience in managing supply chain, logistics and/or operations associated with humanitarian /emergencies initiatives, including establishing operations in non-presence countries.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization preferred.
• Experience in training curriculum development and facilitation preferred.
• Experience in developing country settings and management experience in public health programs.
• Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment.
• Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift 5 - 25 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
• Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Greater than 25%
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; FHI 360 Logistics Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.