FHI 360 Epic Technical Advisor, Clinical - Technical Officer Jobs in Kenya
FHI 360 Epic Technical Advisor, Clinical - Technical Officer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsFHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The EpiC Technical Advisor Clinical (Technical Officer II) is a senior member of the EpiC staff in Kenya and will provide technical leadership to the Kenya EpiC project.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Advisor, Clinical (Technical Officer II) is to ensure successful implementation of the EpiC work plan and achievement of the project’s targets and goals.
The EpiC Technical Advisor, Clinical (Technical Officer II) provides technical oversight and assistance to the project in the clinical aspects of the EpiC program as well as provide technical support for all aspects through the HIV cascade.
He/she will ensure that clinical efforts are evidence-based, community-driven and will contribute to the deliverables in the annual EpiC implementation plan.
This position is critical for the development of quality and evidence-based approaches for the clinical support of HIV and STI testing and counselling, referrals, condoms and lubricants distribution, peer outreach and navigation activities for MSM, FSW and TG persons.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of technical activities in the annual EpiC work plans.
• Supervise and provide technical guidance and mentorship to the EpiC team providing technical assistance on project implementation.
• Provide technical and programmatic expertise in HIV prevention, care and treatment activities for female sex workers, men who have sex with men, and transgender people including community-based outreach, peer education/navigation, health clinic/hospital/other public and private facility service provision, behavior change communication, treatment and care and referrals for HIV, STI, GBV, and FP services.
• Oversee production of timely and accurate technical reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required.
• Coordinate advocacy work with key population groups for universal access to HIV leveraging other USG and donor funding to address the legal framework to overcome structural barriers.
• Ensure quality work on standard operating procedures contextualized to the Kenya environment assuring confidentiality and mitigation if required for key population groups.
• Identifies structural barriers to the uptake of HIV clinical services for key population groups and ways to address those structural barriers working with civil society, private businesses and government.
• Assist on assuring that commodities such as STI test kits, STI drugs, ARVs, HTS test kits, condoms and lubricants are available on a consistent basis at all clinical service provision facilities.
• Work with the Government of Kenya (GOK) to ensure quality of clinical care and services for FSW, MSM and TG persons.
• Work with community organizations, local health centers and the GOK to increase the uptake of HTC at the clinical level by increasing capacity and providing technical assistance.
• Work with GOK and local health facilities to ensure all clinical care providers have been trained in discrimination and stigma-free provision of services for FSW, MSM and TG persons.
• Contribute to the achievement of high-quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
• Contribute to program quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
Minimum Requirement Standards
• Proven skills in the implementation of HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs for female sex workers, and/or men who have sex with men, and transgender persons in Kenya or other countries in the region.
• Knowledge of processes for developing and implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs with key population groups in Kenya.
• Understands the HIV-related needs of key population groups in Kenya, including female sex workers, and/or men who have sex with men, and transgender individuals and have worked to support and implement activities to reduce stigma and discrimination.
• Design, implementation, and management of public health/international development programs funded by USAID.
• Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Kenya.
• Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
• Experience working with civil society organizations to plan and implement clinical HIV programs.
• Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and USAID.
• Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
• Bachelor’s level degree in Public Health or related field or equivalent with 5-7 years’ relevant experience or Masters preferred with 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
• Preferably clinical but not necessarily a Medical Doctor. Medical doctor is desirable but not mandatory.
• At least 5 years or more of demonstrated key population group technical expertise, with substantial HIV prevention, care, and treatment experience with female sex workers, and/or men who have sex with men, and/or transgender individuals.
• At least 5 years or more of demonstrated excellence in a technical advisor and leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with key population groups.
• Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; FHI 360 Epic Technical Advisor, Clinical - Technical Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.