Fairtrade Africa Fundraising Officer Jobs in Kenya
Fairtrade Africa Fundraising Officer Jobs in Kenya Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified
producers and workers in Africa.
To ensure the sustainability of FTA programmes by effective resource mobilisation for achievement of Fairtrade Africa’s vision and strategy.
To seek out funding opportunities, develop project concepts and proposals, and to prepare and
submit detailed applications for funding.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Strategy and Impact Director to develop and implement a fundraising and donor relationship management strategy that supports FTA’s aim to achieve substantial growth in income through maximising opportunities to raise funds by reaching new audiences.
• Lead on research for new income streams from donors and ensure FTA optimises on emerging opportunities.
• Support the identification of strategic partners, and platforms, conferences and meetings relevant for creating visibility of FTA work
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with a portfolio of existing and potential donors, through networking, face-to-face meetings, regular communications
• Support the preparation of presentations and reports for present and potential donors
• Establish a donor engagement tracking platform and update the donor/funders contacts database.
• Work collaboratively with key external partners including NFO’s to organise events and develop donors/funders strategies.
• Represent FTA at external meetings, deliver presentations to influence support.
• Work with the Strategy and Impact Director and Head of Region’s to develop and track revenue projections and prepare budgets related to all fundraising activities.
• Engage with NFOs on designing and developing proposals and initiatives.
• Manage the on-going process funding applications, ensuring all internal and external deadlines are met.
• Develop and maintain a tracking system to ensure timely submission of proposals, reports and acknowledgements.
• Coordinate the development and preparation of high-quality funding proposals and applications to donors
• Contribute to concept and project development across the system
• Support the entire organization to excel in donor/funder prospecting, cultivation and stewardship.
Donor Reporting and Communication
• Lead on account management of existing donors, providing regular contact, updates and required reports.
• Liaise with the Finance team to support donor audits; and to facilitate any visits or ad-hoc
requests from donors
• Work with the External Communications Coordinator to create publications for fundraising purposes e.g. fundraising packs, impact stories, leaflets, business cards, banners etc.
Regional Funding Strategies
• Engage and support FTA regional and producer networks, stakeholders and other affiliates in developing fundraising strategies
• Engage regional teams on ongoing needs assessments and compile reports relating to the producer needs
• Engage all HoR’s and Programme teams in developing region-specific fund-raising strategies
• Provide coaching and mentoring on proposal development to regional offices
• Bachelor’s degree in International Development or a related area
Experience and Knowledge
A proven track record of a minimum of three years successful fundraising in the development sector or similar environment
Experience of developing, writing and submitting large grant applications for major projects.
Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising processes
Understanding of FTA’s programmes and standards
Superior writing and presentation skills
Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills;
Excellent organisational skills.
Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Fairtrade Africa Fundraising Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.