EWB-USA Country Director Jobs in Uganda
EWB-USA Country Director Jobs in Uganda
Introduction Engineers Without Borders USA (EWB–USA) is a non-profit humanitarian organization established to partner with developing communities worldwide in order to improve their quality of life.
It is the U.S. national group representing the larger International Engineers Without Borders in the USA.
Engineers Without Borders USA builds a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs.
Our highly skilled volunteers work with communities to find appropriate solutions for their infrastructure needs.
We are looking for a Country Director to lead our Uganda operations. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
Registered Engineer (in Uganda)
10+ years of senior management experience
Role and Responsibilities
Leads overall development of program at the national level. Plans integration of sectoral initiatives into coherent program of development consistent with organization’s priorities.
Advocates on behalf of organization’s development agenda building institutional relationships and promoting cooperative program activities.
Responsible for driving the country office strategy and overseeing operations.
Works closely with the Regional Director to help expand the organization’s network and develop new programs and sources of funding.
The Country Director is ultimately responsible for the success and quality of EWB-USA Uganda’s program.
He/she may be involved with technical decisions at a high level, and will also be responsible for the overall quality of outcomes for communities and local partners.
Leads overall development of program at the national level.
Plans integration of sectoral initiatives into coherent program of development consistent with organization’s priorities.
Advocates on behalf of organization’s development agenda by building institutional relationships and promoting cooperative program activities.
Development and execution of the country strategy
Overall responsibility for all activities, projects, personnel and the country management team (CMT)
Safety and security of all staff
Country-level external communications representative (press, media, etc.)
Responsible for overall resource allocation, mobilization and control
Responsible for cost-efficiency
Ensure adequate country structures, internal controls and systems
Learning, training and development for all staff, including a strategy for national staff development
Adherence to EWB-USA policies
Adherence to all Uganda engineering requirements to practice engineering
Overall responsibility for security management.
Overall responsibility for planning and implementation of all programs and activities within the country.
Overall responsibility for all resources within the country (financial, funding bids, material
assets, information resources).
Initiate recruitment and provide leadership of country management team, overall responsibility for staff working within country.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These skills, knowledge and experience are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Degree in the area of civil engineering or related engineering disciplines.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience working as an engineer, including Professional Engineering registration in Uganda.
• A minimum of 10 years management experience, five of which should have been at Country Director or senior management level in humanitarian/recovery programming. Program experience with integrated programming areas (rural and/or town level infrastructure, WaSH, energy, agriculture) desired. Experience in humanitarian emergency assistance is essential and volunteer management a plus.
• Demonstrable record of accomplishment in working with and leading senior management teams.
• Experience in managing diverse, strategic and time-sensitive projects (e.g. infrastructural construction/renovation, staff re-structuring etc.);
• Successful past experience in overseeing large grants and working with government donors (USAID, DFID, ECHO, etc.), UN agencies (UNHCR, UNICEF, etc.) and government structures.
• Willingness to travel up to 40% of time.
• Experience from working in complex, insecure and/or volatile contexts
• Documented/proven results related to position responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Fluency in computer skills and Google, Microsoft Office, standard ICT systems and tools
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of the political, humanitarian and development context in Uganda
• Knowledge of ethnic languages along borders of Uganda and Swahili – if different than English
• Experience with program start-up, exit or similar
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; EWB-USA Country Director Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.