Enabel Infrastructure Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Enabel Infrastructure Assistant Jobs in UgandaFunctionEnabel, the Belgian development agency, together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral Co-operation between Uganda & Belgium.
In the framework of the Teacher Training and Education Project (TTE) project implemented by the Ministry of Education & Sports and Enabel in Uganda, One (1) Infrastructure- Assistant will be recruited with the role described below.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the NTA-Infrastructure Expert of the TTE Project. .
Major Roles and Responsibilities
Results area 1: As Documentation Reviewer
• Study, analyses and document existing policies regarding student and staff accommodation in the education sector, nationally (specifically In National Teachers' Colleges) and internationally,
• Study, analyses and document the layouts of the existing infrastructure for student and staff accommodation and available standard designs for the same to assess the functionality.
Sustainability, maintenance aspects and environmental impact
• Study, analyses and document costs related with the management of student and staff accommodation in the education sector, taking NTCs as a case study.
• Study and document experiences and lessons from other public sectors regarding staff and other stakeholder accommodation
• Study and document stakeholders' experiences and lessons on student and staff accommodation. These include but are not limited to students, staff, top management and the construction management Unit (CML of MoES).
• Keep complete administration (both hard and soft copies) of all documentation related to the above activities
Results area 2: As Knowledge Manager
• Develop guidelines for student and staff accommodation in Teacher Training Colleges
• Develop alternative accommodation strategies for the Ministry of Education as an option for future projects. This to include and not be limited to: strategies in management of allocation, expenses, utilities and maintenance and design sketches
• Prepare sketches or drawings and specifications of alternative accommodation facilities for student and staff addressing gaps and promoting smart design and behavioral change.
• Research alternative durable construction materials and design pilot projects:
• Contribute to the reporting and lay-out of project results and lessons learned
Results area 3: As Networker
• Work in close collaboration with the Construction Management Unit of the Ministry of Education and Sports
• Support in introducing State of the Art sustainable architecture and energy efficiency principles into MOES guidelines and strategies
Results area 4: As infrastructure expert
• Support in organizing the infrastructure activities, including capacity development and awareness raising, with a special focus on involving the teacher training Institutions in the execution of works and maintenance activities:
• Join site visits during rehabilitation construction works as may be required.
• Bachelors' Degree in Engineering Architecture or any other Infrastructure related field;
• Additional Training in Construction designs and Management is of an added advantage Minimum
Profile and Specifications
• A Minimum of 2 years' experience in design and follow-up of construction Works:
• Experience in designing for Education is an asset
• Experience in sustainable infrastructure design and energy efficient designs is an asset;
• Experience in preparing publications: lessons learnt, guidelines.
• Soft soils such as to work in a team, to work autonomously, etc.
• Good communicator and team-Player:
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Enabel Infrastructure Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.