Economic Justice Programme Consultant Jobs in South Africa
Economics and Social Justice cluster Vacancies in South AfricaRole Overview
Support the Economics and Social Justice cluster to maximise its impact by efficiently delivering on the workplan of the Economic Justice Programme.
The consultant will be responsible for providing technical and programme support to the Economic Justice Programme within the Economic & Social Justice cluster.
S/he will contribute to and support planning, management and implementation of the Economic Justice Programme portfolio. S/he will support the identification of opportunities for grant making within the programme and review of grant proposals, development of projects and provision of grants to key national and regional partners.
He/she will support the facilitation of networks amongst OSISA partners within the EJ Programme area and in convening dialogue and debate on issues relevant to OSISA’s overall mandate.
He/she will provide input into the EJ programme budget, coordinate regional events, and manage workshops, seminars and meetings.
The Consultant will play a key role in communicating grant related matters and in collaboration with the ESJ Cluster Associate manage the administrative tasks of the EJ programme.Key Performance AreasIdentify and respond to strategic opportunities:
• Under the supervision of the ESJ team Leader identify programming opportunities within OSF (Economic Advancement Programme; FGP and others) and outside aligned to the OSISA Strategy
• Analyse incoming requests/emerging opportunities and synthesise information on programme issues for OSISA and make recommendations to Team Leader for action.
• Supports the ESJ Cluster Team Leader to develop implement work plan and budget for the EJ Portfolio.
• Prepare recommendations of funding to the Economic Justice & Social Policy Cluster Team
Leader for submission to the Board.
• Provide technical support to the Team Leader for the implementation of the EJ programme portfolio including development of programme strategies, budgets and work plans.
• Support development of programme budgets in accordance with budget policy and regulations.
• Monitor and implement timely and appropriate reporting and payment to grantees.
Communication and Advocacy:
• Under the guidance of the Team Leader organise major OSISA events ensuring a high quality of documentation and presentations.
• Liaise with other programmes within the cluster and contribute programme related materials and publications to the programme unit.
• Ensure timely responses and share programme related materialise with relevant network programmes to ensure visibility of OSISA’s EJ work across the network.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Capacity to work in multi-cultural and multinational contexts
• Grant management
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure with composure
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Willingness to travel
Qualifications and Experience
A Post graduate Degree in Social Science, Development or field related to the programme area covered. At least 5 years’ experience working as a consultant in Southern Africa, in a bilateral, multilateral, civil society and regional organisation setting.How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and a detailed CV to [email protected]
with the relevant position as the subject heading.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.
OSISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information and job application details, see; Economics and Social Justice cluster Vacancies in South AfricaClosing date: 28 Apr 2017