Economic Commission for Africa Programme Officer, Partnerships Jobs in Ethiopia
Economic Commission for Africa Programme Officer, Partnerships Jobs in Ethiopia
Org. Setting and Reporting ECA’s mission is to deliver ideas and actions for an empowered and transformed Africa; informed by the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063.
The mission will be guided by ECA’s five new strategic directions which are: advancing ECA’s position as a premier knowledge institution that builds on its unique; position and privilege to bring global solutions to the continent’s problems and take local solution to the continent; developing macroeconomic and structural policy options to accelerate economic diversification and job creation; designing and implementing innovative financing models for infrastructure, and for human, physical and social assets for a transforming Africa; contributing solutions to regional and transboundary challenges, with a focus on peace security and social inclusion as an important development nexus; advocating Africa’s position at the global level and developing regional responses as a contribution to global governance issues.
This position is located in the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Section in the Office of the Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Programme Officer, Partnerships reports to the Chief, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Section.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Section, the incumbent will provide technical, administrative and programmatic support as follows:
• Develops, implements and evaluates assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow-up actions;
• Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change;
• Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources;
• Generates survey initiatives; drafts and finalizes related concept notes, briefing notes, guidelines, reports on ECA’s partnerships and resource mobilization efforts, relations and cooperation with Donors and Implementing Partners and regional and other agencies. Designs data collection/ management information tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions;
• Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies;
• Lead the developing and exploring of partnerships with potential partners, seeking to encourage their commitment to ECA. This includes both traditional and prospective partners and funding mechanisms;
• Manage partnership related tasks including resource mobilization in support of an effective development and implementation of ECA resource mobilization strategy, the analysis and review of new partnership agreements, technical cooperation programmes and projects linked to major policy and priority issues of concern to ECA in general and to African countries in particular;
• Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc;
• Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Leads, participates to field missions alone or together with key funding partners for purposes of stakeholder consultations, needs assessment and project monitoring and evaluation oversight; guide external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc;
• Coordinates and participates in activities related to budget funding and assessment of extra-budgetary (XB) Trust Funds project proposals; review narrative and financial reports before they are submitted to funding partners; prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).and maintaining good working relationships with all key stakeholders, including funding partners and other governments, United Nations entities and implementing organizations;
• Preparing, reviewing
draft Memorandum of Understanding (MoU’s), Letters of Agreements (LoA’s), Grant Agreements and other cooperation agreements with Implementing Partners and Donors; working closely with ECA Legal Office in clearing agreements;
• Performs other duties as required.
• Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
Experience in resource mobilization and the development, implementation and management of extra budgetary trust funds and projects/programmes in the economic, social and related sectors is desirable.
Experience working in an international, multi-lateral or bi lateral agency in resource mobilization is desirable.
Experience in the use of logical framework for programme/project development and analysis, as well as substantive and financial reporting is desirable.
Experience in research and evaluation in the area of economic and social development and policy is desirable.
Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals is desirable.
Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, is required; knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Economic Commission for Africa Programme Officer, Partnerships Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.