Dynamic People Consulting Programme Manager - Peace and Stabilisation Programme Jobs in Kenya
Dynamic People Consulting Programme Manager - Peace and Stabilization Programme Jobs in Kenya
Background The Embassy is seeking to recruit an experienced, proactive and analytical full-time programme manager. We are looking for a team player with a positive personality, who is results-oriented, professional, a strong networker and with solid experience in development project and programme management in the field of peace and stabilisation, preferably in the Horn of Africa.
You will be working in the Politics, Stabilisation and Human Rights team together with 6 colleagues. The team is placed in the Somalia Unit of the Danish Embassy in Kenya. The main tasks of the Politics, Stabilisation and Human Rights Team is to oversee and monitor the implementation of the Danish Peace and Stabilisation Programme for the Horn of Africa PSP HOA, monitor and report on the political and security situation in Somalia, contribute to formulating Danish policies and programmes in Somalia, implement Danish human rights engagement in Somalia including engagement related to children’s and women’s rights and to
Your main task will be to coordinate the implementation of the overall programme in cooperation with the Team Leader, including engaging with partners and advisors, monitoring results, ensuring sufficient and qualitative reporting and managing the overall budget. As Programme Manager, you will also be responsible for project management of specific engagements in Somalia under the PSP-HOA. It is expected that you will contribute with strategic inputs towards developing the PSP-HOA further and that you contribute with strong inputs for analysis and reporting on the security situation in Somalia. You are, overall, expected to show the flexibility required for optimal handling of tasks across the Somalia Unit at the Embassy and thus might be requested to take on other tasks if need be.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Programme Management. This entails overall coordination between thematic programmes, projects and embassies/advisors engaged on the PSP HOA, including managing the overall budget, monitoring and reporting on results and ensuring synergies when relevant including using the MFA management and digitalized tools.
• Project Management for the engagements implemented in Somalia. This includes monitoring work plans and budgets and reporting on results, providing strategic inputs meetings with partners and coordination with national and international partners.
• Participate in relevant aid coordination working groups.
• Networking with local and international partners, analysts and experts.
• Inputting to political analysis of the Team mainly on stabilisation and security.
• With the team ensuring a focus on the hum-dev-peace nexus.
The Programme Manager reports to the Politics,
Stabilization and Human Rights team leader and will work closely with all 6 team members.
Education and Desired Experience
• Master’s Degree ideally in political science, peace, stabilisation and/or development studies, security studies or similar.
• 5-10 years working experience with project and programme and financial management within stabilisation, governance or human rights programme and solid knowledge of managing budgets, reporting and monitoring preferably using digital platforms.
• 5-10 years of working experience in the Horn of Africa and strong knowledge of local, national and regional political and security dynamics.
• Working experience with the field of peace, stabilisation and security, preferably in the Horn of Africa.
• Experience with working in teams including contributing to the work, engagements of the colleagues and the whole team and pro-actively contribute to the synergies between the different work streams in the Team and overall, in the Somalia Unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
• A pro-active, positive, open-minded, and results-oriented attitude and approach to handling many different and sometimes complex assignments.
• Openness and willingness to learn from others.
• A structured mindset and work habits and strong planning and coordination skills.
• A high sense of responsibility.
• Excellent command of English. Knowledge of Somali will be considered an asset.
• Ability to foster and maintain networks.
• An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment with a wide range of diverse tasks and assignments.
• Working independently with interesting and stimulating tasks under the supervision of the Team Leader.
• Great opportunities for further development of your professional and personal competences.
• A large degree of self-dependence.
• Travelling in the Horn of Africa and particularly to Somalia.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are invited to submit a 1-page Letter of Motivation, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and 2-3 references to
firstname.lastname@example.org before the 3rd of March 2021 at 4 PM EAT.
The email subject should be “PROGRAMME MANAGER- POLITICS, STABILISATION AND HUMAN RIGHTS’’
Please note that we will not consider late and applications that are not done in the requested format.
Find daily jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.