DT One Senior Data Engineer Jobs in Kenya
DT One Senior Data Engineer Jobs in Kenya DT One (previously TransferTo) operates a global network for mobile top-up solutions, innovative mobile rewards and airtime credit services.
By using smarter mobile technology solutions, we can help over five billion consumers in emerging economies to have greater access to digital communications and stay better connected.
Our goal is to keep more people, more connected, more often
As an extension of the ACS engineering team based in Kenya, the Prague engineering team will mainly focus on the core platform and data-related initiatives.
The team will have defined ownership and responsibility with KPIs tied to ACS success.
Projects will include:
• CDR Processor - To own ACS’s raw data processing systems.
• Revenue Assurance Tooling - To own our revenue assurance reporting capabilities with a full set of reports in all markets.
• Profiling intelligence - Improve our profiling and credit risk capabilities by exploring ways to exploit various data sets. Emphasis on experimentation, speed, reliability and automation. To help devise new tools and products in this space. Exploring new opportunities in prediction such as churn prediction and capacity planning.
• Reporting - Work with ACS Analytics and BI teams to automate various reports on Tableau and other visualization tools.
• Messaging tool - To build tools to experiment with and run marketing and service messaging effectiveness.
• Platform - Participate in rebuilding core technologies such as lending, recovery and assurance components. .
Key Role Responsibilities
• Participate in the design, implementation and release of core platform and data initiatives.
• Deliver high quality, testable, secure, readable and documented software in accordance with proven best practices and the overall guidelines of the department
• Collaborate effectively with remote peers
• Maintain, support and participate in upgrading/rewriting of legacy systems and platforms
• Understand, digest and participate in enhancing the team’s processes
• Understand, apply and champion the general principles of the agile methodology
• Understand, review and implement product stories
• Maintain and channel positive attitude at all times
• Mentor and assist other team members
• Identify and suggest process and product improvements
• Assist in the evaluation of new technologies and initiatives
• Deep understanding and a real passion for relational database theory and database fundamentals
• Deep understanding on databases and best engineering practices - include handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building human-fault-tolerant pipelines, understanding how to scale up, addressing continuous integration, knowledge of database administration, maintaining data cleaning and ensuring a deterministic pipeline
• Experience in one or several of the following programming/scripting languages: Golang, Python
• Curious about new technologies and fintech
• People management skills are a plus
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 5+ years’ working experience
• Working experience in an Agile environment
• Proven track record of delivering results,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong relationship building skills
• Driven to deliver personal best
• Excellent organization skills, ability to work under pressure and manage priorities
• Good analytical, problem-solving skills and willingness to investigate complex problems
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; DT One Senior Data Engineer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.