Driver Jobs in Uganda
Driver Jobs in UgandaIITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of Driver for the IITA-led DINU Project. The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo office– Lango sub region working in all the seven districts.
The position will be for an initial period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
• Provide secure and timely driving services to the DINU project staff, goods/documents and any other person authorized to travel in official transport
• Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases
• Regularly maintain DINU project transport assets and ensure they are in perfect condition with up to date licenses
• Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general vehicle maintenance schedules
• Update monthly mileage records -Maintain logbook of each service vehicle on daily basis
• Work with the project manager to organize a project calendar on driver service planning and scheduling
• Ensure that DINU staff make it to all appointments, meetings and other duties on time
• Perform proper checking vehicles on a daily basis following standard checklist provided by IITA and ensure proper cleaning of the vehicles
• Informing the project managers if any irregularity happens to the project vehicles and suggest the necessary steps
• Assist in identifying and purchasing necessary spare part for project vehicles; undertakes minor repair of vehicles under the administrative custody of the project and obtains appraisals on cost of vehicle repairs.
• Act as a backup for the Receptionist and as a messenger, assist with meeting room rearrangement for various meetings/events and perform occasional handyman jobs inside the Office.
• Support in the organization of workshops and seminars in accordance to the DINU project workplan, including logistical
• Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
• Secondary school certificate with valid driver’s permit/license issues by a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a driver
• Experience with maintenance of vehicle records and transport files
• Knowledgeable about road network and traffic rules of Uganda
• Good English language understanding, speaking and writing skills
• Ability to manage competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Good IQ and capability to manage emergency situations on the road, if any particularly at the time of traffic accident
• Formal/hand on technical training on vehicles maintenance and repairing work are preferable.
• Willing to undertake intensive field trips outside the duty station
• Good health/physical fitness certified by a professional registered Doctor
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Driver Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.