DRC Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant - Engineering Jobs in Uganda
DRC Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant - Engineering Jobs in UgandaJob Summary: The Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant –Engineering will provide technical support within Shelter and Infrastructure and Water Resources Management area.
The incumbent will also assist the Shelter and Infrastructure officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of sector activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the implementation of the infrastructure activities.
• Participate in the planning process and in the validation of Parish Development Plans (PDPs).
• Supervise and monitor the work of masons, participating communities and contractors
• Support baseline data collection and implementation of the technical and economic/impact assessment.
• Request materials to be purchased and ensure the right materials are delivered.
• Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources.
• Together with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer, work on project technical reports.
• Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders of the infrastructure projects.
• Assess the security situation at project sites in close collaboration with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer and Team Leader-. Shelter and Infrastructure
• Ensure protection of beneficiaries.
• Ensure regular communication between communities at the project implementation sites and DRC.
• In consultation with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer, facilitate approval of site settings for specific Infrastructure and Water Resources Management works activities
• Monitor progress of Infrastructure and Water Resources Management activities on day to day basis to ensure that Communities and contracted companies comply with approved specifications and work plan
• Liaise with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer and Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure to share possible obstacles to ongoing activities in order to seek for best solutions.
• Provide update/ highlights on progress of civil works activities on weekly basis.
• Ensure adequate and timely supply of materials by suppliers and contracted companies in order to minimize unnecessary delays or interruptions of the works in accordance with the work plan.
• Ensure contractors avail adequate labour force, visitors register books and instruction notebooks on site.
• Liaise with District Engineering Departments to allocate sites necessary for development of infrastructures.
• Document and share key lessons and recommendations based on performance of specific contractors in order to help improve the quality of other Infrastructure and Water Resources Management works
• In liaison with the Shelter and Infrastructure Officer, prepares designs and BoQs for any additional works identified during implementation of specific civil works contracts and accordingly advice the NURI team on other available cost effective means.
• Take lead in guiding the NURI Team and government counterparts during joint field inspections to specific implementation sites.
• Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
• The ideal applicant for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant –Engineering job must hold a Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in civil/ construction engineering or other related field.
• Three years of practical field experience in construction works for bachelor degree holders and 5 years’ experience for diploma holders. Experience in Uganda is an added advantage.
• Experience in technical assessment and screening of infrastructure works
• Experience in setting out roads, drainage structures, water ponds, valley tanks etc
• Experience in Supervision of Shelter and Infrastructure works.
• Experience in managing work force
• Ability to understand and clearly interpret works specifications and drawings
• Ability to use engineering soft wares such as AutoCAD and MS office packages.
• Languages: English, Alur, Lugbara
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; DRC Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant - Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.